General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Dealer T-Shirt Prices

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Mcathcart
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess with this being a Brand New Dealership there wasn't any old stock... so no cheap T's.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by redultra02
NO I don't care what you pay, I also shop the sales racks. I also enjoy reading this forum for some use full information, not someone bitching what a t-shirt sells for, then again maybe I'm wrong !!!
You are NOT wrong.

Bottom line is such...

1st question, why did you you stop at that HD shop?

Did you NEED something, or did you stop because it's an HD dealership?

Now, I buy shirts at shops I stop at. I don't think they are that overpriced when I compare other *souvenirs* from that local area.

If I spend 3K on a trip, $30 isn't gonna make me whine.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:28 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 03-16-2009, 04:34 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by llbigbird
Are you saying because you own a Harley you should pay 28.00 for a T-shirt? That is just too much. If I catch a clearance I will buy tham otherwise they can stay on the rack.
A lot of those t-shirts are being bought by folks who don't even own a Harley. Stop at a HD shop in Orlando, you'll find entire families getting outfitted, hell they've even got a HD shop in the airport.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
$24-28 is pretty good IMO, I usually see them $30-35. I'm just gonna start buying tall shooter glasses instead of t-shirts.
+1

I ordered multicolored mulicolored, good quality tee shirts for something I was involved with. I didn't own the equipment and went thru a t-shirt maker (silk screen not a iron on). The cost of the quality shirts, art work and the printing came to about 18+ dollars a shirt. The more I ordered the more the price went down. I only made 30-40. They are 5-6+ years old and the wearers have washed them over and over and they look real good still. Compared to iron ons which fade every wash.

The fact that the MOCO dealers are making a 10$ profit off'n their high quality shirts bothers you then go buy the cheesy swap meet ones for 15-18$. Over the years (30+) I've purchased both. The dealer t's are still pretty brilliant by comparrison. Everything is going up every where. At least they are good quality shirts. You are getting what you paid for at 28$ in these day and prices. Because of my work environment I where polo shirts on weekends and mid nights. Those are even more expensive and just as well made and sturdy! I have 2-3 from dealerships. Can't see myself getting a stack of those anytime soon.

Last edited by badinfluence63; 03-16-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:51 PM
doc_cj
Road Warrior

Price of t-shirt ... $1.33
Price of printing ... $1.74
Price to use the Harley name ... $26

Being a Fashion Icon ... Priceless

Old 03-16-2009, 04:54 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

Originally Posted by doc_cj
Price of t-shirt ... $1.33
Price of printing ... $1.74
Price to use the Harley name ... $26

Being a Fashion Icon ... Priceless

not true

Old 03-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Mcathcart
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
You are NOT wrong.

Bottom line is such...

1st question, why did you you stop at that HD shop?

Did you NEED something, or did you stop because it's an HD dealership?

Now, I buy shirts at shops I stop at. I don't think they are that overpriced when I compare other *souvenirs* from that local area.

If I spend 3K on a trip, $30 isn't gonna make me whine.
1st answer. Hey, it was a new shop and I didn't have to ask Mom if I could stop and look.

Well... My Roadglide is a '98 but I don't know if I could ditch her for a new one. I like the '98.

Officer we were looking for furniture for the new house and have bought from a place in Shallotte N.C. before. (No, more than a 3k trip.) I wasn't going to plug the dealership but personally like the place. It's Beach House Harley in Shallotte. This was on Sunday. I also hit the Murrell's Inlet H-D on Saturday. Shallotte has more bikes on the floor. No, I didn't buy anything in Murrell's Inlet but I did buy a few things at Beach House.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The prices for T-shirts are that high because HD knows there's a bunch of fools that will pay those high prices for them...they count on the fools. Plain & simple. It's a t-shirt. A damn t-shirt. You pay them to advertise thier dealership for them. I bought one t-shirt from a dealership 3 years ago for 15 bucks. All other's were given as gifts to me. I hardly wear them anymore. Anyways...stop paying the ridiculous prices and maybe they will get the idea.
Yes...I said fools...

Old 03-16-2009, 05:26 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
I love that beating a "Dead Horse" graphic....Too cool... And TRUE!

Quick Reply: Harley Dealer T-Shirt Prices