General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 10:06 PM
breaknbad
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why Harley?

I grew up riding dirt bikes since i was about twelve. I owned a couple of street bikes ( a 600 and i think a 900). I dont remember the makes. I also owned a 250 three cylender two stroke yamaha that was my favorite. That bike would scream. I gave it away like a dummy. I regret doing that.When I was younger i always thought harleys were slow, break down all the time, etc. I always wanted speed. Now that im older i appreciate the looks and the performance of the high torque low rpm motor. My brother in law was getting a harley and I was going to shop all makes but when I drove his wide glide my mind was made up. I had to have a harley. Why settle for something that I wouldnt like as much. Other makes dont hold their value at all. I was amazed to see how much lower their resale value was. Now that I own a harley I wouldnt ride nothing else. It is by far the best brand of bike i have ever rode.

David

Old 11-30-2004, 12:29 AM
BillyV
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it was 53 out here today,
Still rode to work and back!
(only 37 mile each way)

-Billy

Old 11-30-2004, 12:59 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,870 Likes on 810 Posts

ORIGINAL: BillyV

Yeah it was 53 out here today,
Still rode to work and back!
(only 37 mile each way)

-Billy
It was -5C (about 23F) You wanna trade?

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 11-30-2004, 01:14 AM
BillyV
Cruiser

The question is...
Did you ride?

-Billy

Old 11-30-2004, 01:25 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,870 Likes on 810 Posts

ORIGINAL: BillyV

The question is...
Did you ride?

-Billy
Brother, if I HAD my Night Train, I wouldn't be sitting in front of my computer right now! And it's STILL 23!! [:'(]

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 11-30-2004, 05:21 AM
BillyV
Cruiser

My bad...
I'll be nice now.

-Billy

Old 11-30-2004, 06:02 PM
BClem
Banned

I can relate...

BClem

Old 12-01-2004, 05:49 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Traded my '04 Honda N for a '05 Road King Classic. No complaints about the Honda after 1 year and 14,000 trouble free miles. The Honda engine was far superior to the Harley (93 HP, 0-60 in 4 seconds, 138 MPH top end). The Harley, with it's anemic engine, is much more enjoyable to ride.........far superior handling, much better operator position, and things like cruise, a gas gauge, and self cancel turn signals are big pluses for me. Plus I don't have to make "excuses" any more. And then there's that damn 800 page catalog full of goodies.

Old 12-01-2004, 06:17 PM
harley mike
Novice

once upon a time, my wife and i were in fresno ca. eating breakfast, i asked what she wanted to do next as our next meeting was not untill 2pm she held out her hands for the car keys drove us out the drive way across the street to the HD dealership. its really kind of wierd because she is the one who asked me to sell my yamaha when we were married years ago. after looking at the bike the rest of the trip all we could talk about was getting our own harley's. fast forward 2 months, i bought a 883 sporty, to get refreshed on, drove it for 2 months and traded it in for my "dream" a 05 dyna low, wow what a scoot! after riding behind for a short while she said i'm ready for my own! we found a honda 250 rebel for her to romp around on, she just is doing great, needs to lean a little more but we have all been there haven't we. after 3 months on the honda we have been looking and sitting on every HD made, last week she set the vrod, looked up and said this is the one! i was just so unsure because of the 115 horses, but my dealer let me test drive it, and after about a hour or so came back and said lets do it. well we are going to sign the papers on friday hope to have the rod on sat. or sunday. any one want a honda?

Old 12-08-2004, 07:41 PM
LordVngr
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 12Stones

Not too worried though because we're closing the last two weeks in December so I'll have plenty of R&R...just won't have any money.
Isnt that the way it Always Works. Got money but No time. Or Got Time but No money. Man If Only I could get those two together.

Quick Reply: Why Harley?