General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Relayer1974
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moki Doug
Good God man until you grow a pair you are unworthy of a Harley
I refer you to my previous post:

Originally Posted by Relayer1974
Are you aware that you responded to a 5 year old post from a guy that hasn't been active since 2005?

Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Moki Doug
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mea Culpa omg HOW could we make such a mistake

Old 09-15-2009, 11:41 AM
performanceisthekey
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to reply in detail but it appears the site is having some issues today

Old 09-15-2009, 11:48 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No other bike looks or sounds like it, and to me it's the only bike I'll ride!

Old 09-15-2009, 12:07 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by El Rey
Theres a lot of comraderie that goes with Harleys.

But alkl in all. HD is the only surviving bike manufactuer from the onset of early motorcycling.

Indian went out of business in 1953, didn't come around again until what...1995?

Excelsior-Henderson? Same thing, didn't get back on the block until 1999, then went under in 2000.

HD has become an Pop Icon in the USA. But it's ties are rooted in our culture here in the US. HD survived WWI, the 1930's, WWII and continued to flourish as a brand. Although the AMF years may have diminished quality, it gave them a factory and much need capitol.

HD has survived every up and down in the economoy and our culture, who else can say that?

Do I even need mention of the military connection with HD?

Harley-Davidson, still a great American company that is PROUD of it's roots and future.

I agree....but if a guy goes through one, and works the bugs out, they are nice scooters. Bro's out there riding those bikes right now, and have been for 30 years. Granted, the entire bike has been rebuilt....but cost wise, is still cheaper than a new one, and after going through the whole bike, you know the bike, and it becomes a part of you.

if I get another bike to add to my DYNA, I wouldn't hesitate to ride a "cone shovel"...of course, she'll have to be rebuilt from the ground up.

~Joe

Old 09-15-2009, 12:15 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Scout
We are all obviously Harley guy's, but why?

What did you ride in the past, and why the change to H.D.
Cause I've owned several imitations and it was time to get the real thing. LOL
I wish I had done it sooner though. This being said, I'm not a Harley guy, I'm just a guy owning a Harley.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:20 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Relayer1974
I refer you to my previous post:
Good thing you said that in your post, I almost responded to it also...

In fact, I am wondering how so many old posts got on todays listings. Could it be that I used the forum search to find something then came back to a list of old posts without realising? Maybe I should check the date on every post I respond to? Or, since everyone else posting yesterday and today is also seeing these then it can't be my search which resulted in ancient list of postings. Could be I'm talking to time travelers? Wait, I shouldn't be responding because of the age of the original post... NO WAY! Now I'm descriminating against age. Isn't that against the law in some states now? I think I should go to the post I saw earlier asking if there were any cops in the forum and turn myself in. If I do that, will I also have to claim insanity for being such a fool? OMG, I can't stop now! Hold on guys, I'm hitting the panic button (pc shutdown) now!

Last edited by CroK; 09-15-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 345 Posts

Used to ride a couple of Schwinn tri-and bicycles...moved to Harley to make up for my small *****. Couldn't afford a Bourget.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suppose I would have to admit that ‘image’ has a lot to do with it….. not that I picture my fat *** as extra sexy on my bike or anything like that. I just dig the lifestyle image that goes with riding a Harley. I like to ride. I like to go to rallies and party. The sound and feel of a Harley is hard to beat. All the others sound like posers as they go by IMHO. My bike I have now is quite comfortable and rolls on down the highway pretty well. I doubt another brad bike would feel quite as good. I love the look of my bike too…..the other brands’ cruisers just look like imitations.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:26 PM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Im like alot of other people here.. I got my first dirt bike at 13.. played with dirt riding for a long time. When it came time to switch to street bikes.. I just stuck with metrics. I had an RD 400, a yamaha 650, moved up to a Honda 750 interceptor ( super fast bike for it's day ) and I even was involved with road racing back in the WERA days... so why switch to harley?.. like someone else said, because it fits.. We ride alot, and even though I don't "partake" of all the HD koolaid being served up out there.. it's an undeniable fact that there is a "brotherhood" among harley riders. What you do, where you live, which bike you ride.. it doesn't matter. If your on a harley your part of the "family". We've found a great group of people to ride with and quite honestly, we are having more fun now than we ever have.. lifestyle? maybe, mid life crisis? maybe.. in the end who cares.. we are having a blast on the harley's and thats good enough for us..

Cheers

mavrick

Quick Reply: Why Harley?