General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 12:25 AM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Why Harley?

Why a Harley...you ask?...The smooth ride, complete faith in it's starting and running abilility, the power for passing, the comfort and the looks and most of all..for me...is the sound....I love the distinct sound of that low rumble. It's a love like any other love, doesn't happen to everybody, has many levels of intensity and anybody who has it, understands what I'm talking about.
Remember: "If I have to explain it...you'll never understand".
Nicely said, Bikergirl. I don't think I can express it any better. For me, it always has been and always will be an HD for me.

Bill

Old 02-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

Just to get this question answered again.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:34 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Scout

Just to get this question answered again.

I was just getting ready to link this for you!

Old 02-26-2006, 04:58 PM
The HalfBreed
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: pilot1996Maybe they don't have as many clubs because they (as a group) are not as committed to the ride as Harley owners seem to be.
Perhaps I'm completely out to lunch.
I'm of the persuasion of, "If it has two wheels, and you're on it, I like it." I'll ride with anyone, and enjoy the ride.
Mac
I'd have to agree with Mac....however, check any GWRRA site, for instance, here in Illinois, http://www.gwrra-ildistrict.org/, we have soo many clubs to join, but that brings other issues, as timing, etc.

I'd like to think most bikers are there for the fun of it, and, Like Mac, I'll ride with ANYONE who enjoys the ride. We, on the Wingboards have "HarleyBashers" as well, but that's to be expected. Same for This board, as well as Yama-Suzi boards et al. I for one, think Harley's are a sight to enjoy, and love looking at them, as well as riding them. I for one, will never bash one's choice of bikes...for we are the only ones who truly know why the dog always hangs it's head out of the open window of a cage.

Just to enjoy the ride and the company and ride safe !!!

Old 02-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought my Harley because I liked the way she looks, handles and sounds.

Click Here for high resolution.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:45 PM
ctimm64
Intermediate

I vowed my 1st bike would be a Harley, i'm 42 yrs old and opportunity knocked and here i am with a peace of American history in my garage, its a Spotster, not the Road King ive been lusting forb ut still a Harley none the less. I will Ride it with pride, its beautiful, of all my toys and posessions, my Sporty is my favorite. I'm still in awe of Owning a genuine Harley Davidson Motorcycle.

Mine is a 92 883 , fat bob tank, corbin seat, drag pipes and lots of chrome 11,500miles (still a baby) I LOVE IT!!!![8D]

Old 02-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Stumpman
Tourer

Well for me I have had several jap bikes and always wanted a Harley but just couldn't bring myself to pay what they cost. That said my friend bought him and his wife one last year, They ragged on me a bit about it. I was riding a suzuki 1500 intruder. Then real truth is you just can't put a Harley Davidson Sticker on your truck when your riding a jaap Bike. LOL
I Broke down last week and got the wife and myself a new 06 Electra Glide Classic. Blk Cherry/ Blkpearl. We took her on her first nice trip today. I will always own a Harley from now on. I love the sound of a good HD with some nice pipes on it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8745/D7DC4377B7DC4D8DBF4D21126D550AAD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Harley Al
Road Captain

Old 02-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Gooch
Cruiser

You ask like there is something else to ride. HD is all I've ever had when I got a Baja 100 at age 9 and I'm 43 now. Born AMERICAN buy AMERICAN why would someone want to support another countries economy when you have your own to worry about here.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Gooch
Cruiser

I forgot to add in my last post, there are two kinds of riders those who ride Harleys and those who wish they did. Thats why all the others try to make theirs look like Harleys. I guess the poor man has to ride something.

Quick Reply: Why Harley?