General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit & run

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Hit & run

I just went to my local Walgreen, for some reason the check out girl kept looking out front. I saw smoke went outside and saw a bike had crashed and was on fire. A cage turned left he T-boned it and the car took off. Rider had leg and hand injuries. If I was only maybe 30-45 seconds sooner I would have seen it and I would have run the f**king cage down.

I just got this update on the news.
In news report another rider chased the car and got a plate number.

They got the driver of the car. see news links
http://www.azfamily.com/video/localn...ml?nvid=341975
http://www.azfamily.com/video/3tvext...ml?nvid=341992

Old 03-14-2009, 10:59 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they hang the S.O.B.
Reminds me of the time I was going to Walgreens which is next door to where I work, as I was walking over this city cop had parked and left the car running and went inside there was a lady who had just put her kids into there car seats when the patrol car jumped into gear and rearended the car with the kids in it, nobody got hurt, the lady ran inside screaming and the cop came runnign out and you could see the shi* running down the cops leg. I know its not right but I could not stop laughing and had to walk around the corner so the cop and the lady would not see me, but the lady did see me and I had to give a statement as to what I saw. Felt bad for the cop, and I bet from then on he turned off the ignition. If the lady had not have been parked there the car would have ended up inside of walgreens, damn why don't I carry a camcorder with me.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:05 AM
turbostang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Baseline seems like not the place to ride. I take it between AZ85 and 331st every day for work, though.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:05 AM
hardhead
Tourer

she said motorsickle. rock on

Old 03-15-2009, 05:13 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

it takes a big person to turn himself in!!!! not condoning what he did.....

Old 03-15-2009, 05:19 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raaaaaa

yeah, at least he did "man up."

Old 03-15-2009, 05:48 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

From what his buddy said in the second video the rider had his hand cut off, a dislocated hip and a depressed skull fracture.

Sounds like a dangerous area to ride. This poor guy on the video has had a rough year. His girlfriend was killed by a semi while riding last year, some time after that he himself was struck by a hit and run driver. And now his buddy who was test riding a bike he was selling is in bad shape.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:10 AM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ugly Troll
yeah, at least he did "man up."
I'm sorry, but I think the guy is a piece of sh*t. He pulled out in front of a bike, the guy is seriously injured, the bike catches fire, and the guy takes off showing his son what a piece of sh*t he is. Thank god his wife taught his kid the right thing to do. The only reason he manned up was because his kid saw it, and we all know kids are gonna tell.
I hope the judge hangs the guy for his actions. Prayers to the biker, I hope he can make a recovery.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 04harleyboy
I'm sorry, but I think the guy is a piece of sh*t. He pulled out in front of a bike, the guy is seriously injured, the bike catches fire, and the guy takes off showing his son what a piece of sh*t he is. Thank god his wife taught his kid the right thing to do. The only reason he manned up was because his kid saw it, and we all know kids are gonna tell.
I hope the judge hangs the guy for his actions. Prayers to the biker, I hope he can make a recovery.
I agree with you.

This guy didn't "man up" on his own. Had the kid not been with him and been a witness, he would not have turned himself in and claimed the damage done to his car was from someone hitting him while parked and taking off.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Boneyard Blue
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One second you're riding with your buddy and then in the blink of an eye, he's in the hospital because of a careless cager.

Wonder if this idiot was on his cell phone or was late to his AA meeting when he ran the red light? Because of cager's carelessness, the downed biker will most likely never be the same again. The dumb@ss has also effected his own family meaning bills, possible lawsuits, and public humiliation.

One stupid mistake which could've been avoided has now effected the lives of many. We're in the minority on the roads and our bikes simply can't win a confrontation from a ton of imbecility.

God Bless and be careful.

Quick Reply: Hit & run