General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit & run

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:14 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 04harleyboy
I'm sorry, but I think the guy is a piece of sh*t. He pulled out in front of a bike, the guy is seriously injured, the bike catches fire, and the guy takes off showing his son what a piece of sh*t he is. Thank god his wife taught his kid the right thing to do. The only reason he manned up was because his kid saw it, and we all know kids are gonna tell.
I hope the judge hangs the guy for his actions. Prayers to the biker, I hope he can make a recovery.
I couldn't agree more....

Old 03-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

We can only hope that someday in our lifetimes, the laws change to better protect the riding public from the careless and ignorant actions of cagers.

We need stronger enforcement of current law, and stiffer penelties for hurting or killing a rider. Untill the cager public see's the penelties increase dramatically, they don't see a need to even consider us as sharing the road.

Far to often, the cager gets a slap on the hand when a biker is killed. Its wrong, its unjust, and it must stop!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:50 AM
silverrosie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So sad...

All I can say is watching that video just about broke my heart. I am going to send up a lot of prayers for that rider, for the family (especially the son) of the man who hit him...and also for his buddy.

We live in a day and age where everybody is in such a hurry...it's a bad deal.

So sad....

Silverrosie

Old 03-15-2009, 10:54 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think everyone that drives should watch that interview with the friend explaining what happened. Put a lump in my throat.
No pity for hit and run phuckheads.
Be careful out there people.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:04 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

The sadest thing too me is,--- I'ts only gonna get WORSE as time goes by!

Old 03-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I haven't herd any update on the riders condition. But the accident happened at 12:45 PM and when my wife left for work at 6:10 PM they were still working at the scene, loading the bike on a flatbed and traffic being closed off from the intersection. That tells me that the accident was being treated as a fatal.
Another thought is, I wonder if the dad was taking the fall for the kid. Its been done before. With it being a new car it should be insured. The cost of uninsured-under insured coverage here in Phoenix is very high thanks to our neighbors to the south. Many cars don't have any insurance.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ugly Troll
yeah, at least he did "man up."
Did he "man up" because his son made him do it? Or because he was followed?
If there wasn't a witness would he have "manned up"?
He left the scene- he's a piece of chit!

Old 03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
alame
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrosie
All I can say is watching that video just about broke my heart. I am going to send up a lot of prayers for that rider, for the family (especially the son) of the man who hit him...and also for his buddy.

We live in a day and age where everybody is in such a hurry...it's a bad deal.

So sad....

Silverrosie
I share the same sentiments, I feel so bad for his friend who witnessed this bastard hit the biker then takeoff, I don;t think he would done the right thing if he hadn't been caught right away, he had the chance and didn't, hope the doctors can work a miracle.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:32 PM
ramnj
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raaaaaa
it takes a big person to turn himself in!!!! not condoning what he did...
Originally Posted by Ugly Troll
yeah, at least he did "man up."
I'm sure you guys got to be kidding! The SOB hit a fellow rider, took off and you post what a great fu*%ing citizen he is for turning himself in! Did I read this right or am I going blind!!

Feel really sorry for the accident rider and I hope he makes it through.

As far as the cage driver, I hope the prison inmates find out what he did and do the proper justice.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hit and run should carry hard time. Being at fault in a motorcycle wreck while driving a cage should be still considered an accident unless something enhances the cause. The common statement is --I didn't see the motorcycle. I disagree with you that more time and fine would make a difference. I don't think that law enforcement and stiffer penalties will make any difference at all. We would still be dieing and the cagers killing us would be doing more time or fine for punishment but they still wouldn't see us. I think education and reminders of the fact that motorcycles are on the road would make more difference.
Originally Posted by Trailfndr
We can only hope that someday in our lifetimes, the laws change to better protect the riding public from the careless and ignorant actions of cagers.

We need stronger enforcement of current law, and stiffer penelties for hurting or killing a rider. Untill the cager public see's the penelties increase dramatically, they don't see a need to even consider us as sharing the road.

Far to often, the cager gets a slap on the hand when a biker is killed. Its wrong, its unjust, and it must stop!

Last edited by oldairboater; 03-15-2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: clarified

Quick Reply: Hit & run