General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware "The Autopal Store" / rimiinc on e-bay

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beware "The Autopal Store" / rimiinc on e-bay

I used to recommend the Autopal headlight seller on e-bay, but I don't any longer. I've bought 2 headlights from him in the past with no problem. These were good quality e-code H4 lamps at reasonable prices. I ordered a 7" one from him a few weeks ago and I wanted the e-code lamp with the phenolic (plastic) reflector and clear glass lens, which was what was described in the auction. What he sent me was a piece of junk with no e-code markings on it anywhere and a stamped metal reflector. I sent him an e-mail complaining and he said the metal reflector was the "new" design and that everyone was getting away from plastic reflectors. I told him he was full of **** and I wanted the light that was described in the auction. We went back and forth and I finally had to file a complaint thru PayPal. He agreed to refund my full purchase price, including shipping, but I would have to pay for the return shipping. So I did. I sent the lamp back in the same box he sent it to me in. I waited several days after tracking said he'd gotten the package and then contacted him about the refund. He said the light was damaged and he would not refund anything. I told him he was a crook and there was nothing wrong with the lamp. I then "escalated" my PayPal complaint to a claim. After several days he offered to refund what I paid, less the shipping, and was still claiming the light I returned was damaged. I just now accepted the partial refund just to get it over with.

Bottom line: E-bay seller rimiinc aka the Autopal Store is unethical and dishonest, and I would strongly encourage everyone not to give him your business.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:10 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I am so glad I read that, I was just looking at e-code lights on ebay and it was his store with the only headlights around.

Where do you suggest I go to find good E-Code headlights ?

Old 02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
user 6292022
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about your problems. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

I actually got an email reply from the seller, he stated that he made a mistake, and that he sometimes make mistakes.
Although I am not too happy about this incident, I would like to know, do you have any other alternatives for buying Euro-Code lights ?
Regards

Old 02-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by klf33
I actually got an email reply from the seller, he stated that he made a mistake, and that he sometimes make mistakes.
Although I am not too happy about this incident, I would like to know, do you have any other alternatives for buying Euro-Code lights ?
Regards
If you're talking about his incident with me, he tried to cheat me out of the money I paid for the light after I returned it by saying it was damaged in transit. I packaged the damn light for the return better than he did when he shipped it to me. He only backed down when I demanded through PayPal that he submit proof with pictures that the light was broken in the return shipping. They guy is a crook, plain and simple.

What size e-code lamp do you need? I think I've got two or three 5-3/4" ones that I tried on my Sportster that I will sell you. Send me a PM.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

PM on the way

Old 02-15-2010, 10:37 PM
DDuess
Road Captain

Daniel Stern Lighting has my vote for replacement lamps/lights
danielsternlighting.com

Old 02-15-2010, 11:55 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

what is an e-code light??, do you have headlight inspections or somthing????just put a car light in there