General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California coming down even harder on bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:56 PM
powaypete
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
Yeah, the other 49 state bikers are really ticked at you guys for not defeating this stuff out there.....

The ironic thing is that the EPA themselves say that motorcycles are an insignificant contributor to air pollution.
Originally Posted by truckerdead
Then fight laws that are not worth having and vote wisely... OR just roll over and take it.......

Not to sound political, but 100,000 votes to trash can it againt 200,000 votes to make it law will always win.

CA has been Dem. for a long time and now our nation is controled by Dem. Dems have been on a global warming agenda for a while now and they are taking the steps in Washington DC. So don't look out for CA, start lookin at DC. Rant over.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Skidrow
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ABATE is all over this one. The local Ca chapters have put a lot of money, a lobbyist, and much time in fighting this proposed legislation. They are pushing hard to kill this bill.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:12 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

motorcycle are not the smog problem in Ca. it's the 10 billion cars and trucks that sit on the parking lot called Interstate 10
can i get a big amen

Old 03-11-2009, 06:30 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey...what ever happened to Cali fallin' into the ocean?

Would these proposed smog checks be as tight as stock? I'd guess they'd be a bit looser.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:24 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't believe for a minute that it's even about the pollution. IMO, it's just an easier way to enforce noise ordinances. Like it or not, the public is fed up with all the loud pipes.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:29 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Proposed but not passed? Either way, pre-2000 bikes are exempt.

Last edited by 97FXSTSB; 03-12-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd move out of that communist state quicker than poop through a tin horn...to many laws.....to many taxes.........
Are you kidding me? There is nothing Californians aspire more to accomplishing, and that is overtaking all other states in Tax burden on the individual and the nirvana of a nanny state.

Last edited by Centerline; 03-12-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: s
Old 03-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 852 Likes on 295 Posts

Its only about generating taxes for so called fees.... Nothing more nothing less.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:16 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd move out of that communist state quicker than poop through a tin horn...to many laws.....to many taxes.........
Well me being a native California All you A-Holes that moved here for the east please don't let the door hit you in the wazzoo on your way back across the state line. And remember to take Pelosi with you. This was a Damm great state until all of this low life moved here from back east.

Originally Posted by cowboy1
F^&k California! I say that and I live here. I so want to get the hell out of this s&%t hole...the only things keeping me here are my wife who is a native and the rear round riding...I don't think however that Arnold will sign off on this one as he rides and I have seen his bike and it's not stock...
My opinon Divorce your wife, be done with it, so long and will not miss you.

Originally Posted by mcrider1
I don't believe for a minute that it's even about the pollution. IMO, it's just an easier way to enforce noise ordinances. Like it or not, the public is fed up with all the loud pipes.
100% Correct!!!! All of these previous rants just don't get. We brought this upon our selfs. The majority does not half to put with rude inconsiderate bikers. We are a small minority towns don't need our money. Look a Mrytle Beach.

Originally Posted by SurfCityBagger
ABATE is all over this one. The local Ca chapters have put a lot of money, a lobbyist, and much time in fighting this proposed legislation. They are pushing hard to kill this bill.

Not!!!! Abate is not going to do squat, Any money would be better spent in teaching manners to bikers that **** off the majority population.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:55 AM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leicafish
Well me being a native California All you A-Holes that moved here for the east please don't let the door hit you in the wazzoo on your way back across the state line. And remember to take Pelosi with you. This was a Damm great state until all of this low life moved here from back east.

My opinon Divorce your wife, be done with it, so long and will not miss you.

100% Correct!!!! All of these previous rants just don't get. We brought this upon our selfs. The majority does not half to put with rude inconsiderate bikers. We are a small minority towns don't need our money. Look a Mrytle Beach.

Not!!!! Abate is not going to do squat, Any money would be better spent in teaching manners to bikers that **** off the majority population.
Unless you are an indian or Mexican, your family migrated here as well. The whites here in California came here for basically 2 reasons, they were white trash idiots who thought they were going to get rich in the gold rush or they were white trash farmers who lost their crops during the dust bowl so maybe you need to go back to Oaklahoma and be a share cropper... It's not the people from back east making Cali a commie state as people from back east are much more conservative. This state has been the land of fruits and nuts for many many years and there is nothing you can do about it except complain.

Quick Reply: California coming down even harder on bikes