Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best battery?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:02 PM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
My 05 still has the original and sits for months at a time. Have a tender hooked up to it when I'm gone and haven't had a problem yet. When I get home and while I'm home it starts right up every time........Now that I've said that it will probably puke next time I get by the house.
yea my buddy has an 05 Softail Standard, and has completely died on him twice, the tender has brought it back to life still with the original battery. So either its my battery, or its my tender not fully charging it, I will find out tomorrow morning from the Battery Shop f New England.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:31 AM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brought my HD battery to HD this morning, and was told "It's pretty common" and I told them that is a pretty bad answer for a battery that has been on tender for both winters (purchased bike in late 2007) and it hasn't even been two years. "I would be pretty pissed off if it was my battery but there is nothing they can do."

got the DEKA compatible battery, installed it fired up like a champ. DEKA part number is ETX20L. It comes with adapters to make it flush mount like the HD battery, and has screws on top (keep old screws) to screw in battery tender harness/accessories.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 AM
hoytheld
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
Because that lead and acid don't come from the same place your drinking water does. When you throw a battery in the land fill, which isn't too far from your house, that lead and acid makes its way back into your drinking water.

But hey if your of that opinion, why dont you just dump your motor oil in your local lake or the ocean, I mean it came from the ground, it must be ok just to pour it right back on top huh?
I have poured so much auto/bike oil in the creek beside my house....looks like the Valdez docked there....I haven't seen any retard children come out of the woods yet.....