General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG Yearly Patches/Banners

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 01:13 AM
ShockwaveTXB
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HOG Yearly Patches/Banners

So I got my bike last July and that came with my first year of HOG.

I was just curious how people get the yearly patches. I have the basic HOG patch, but I've seen guys with vests that have the 2007, 2008, 2009 and so on patches/banners.

Where are those coming from?

***UPDATE***

Just found out that those are the patches you get AFTER your first year. so the first year you get the main HOG patch and each year you renew, you get the year one. Guess I'll have to wait till I renew...

Old 03-11-2009, 01:18 AM
frankiefire702
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never personally joined but the way to keep it going, by what I was told was to join at your local harley dealer.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:23 AM
ShockwaveTXB
Road Captain

You can also join online thru HD's website.

My question now is, if I renew a year now, will they send me a 2009 patch now? or wait until my first year's renewal is up in July?

Old 03-11-2009, 01:29 AM
frankiefire702
Road Master

HOG is suppossed to be a riding club as far as I know. If you really wanna be a member why not join your local? Not trying to be an *ss but just wondering. Do you just want the patch or to be a member?

Old 03-11-2009, 01:33 AM
ShockwaveTXB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by frankiefire702
HOG is suppossed to be a riding club as far as I know. If you really wanna be a member why not join your local? Not trying to be an *ss but just wondering. Do you just want the patch or to be a member?
If I understand it right, don't you have to be a member of the standard HOG first? Then you apply to your local HOG in addition to the national HOG?

My local HOG is $15 a year, so I'm assuming I'd have to pay the $45 a year for the national HOG as well as the $15 a year for local HOG.

OR...

Is the local HOG for $15 a year simply a more limited version of HOG membership that only has local benefits and whatnot?

Old 03-11-2009, 01:43 AM
frankiefire702
Road Master

Originally Posted by ShockwaveTXB
If I understand it right, don't you have to be a member of the standard HOG first? Then you apply to your local HOG in addition to the national HOG?

My local HOG is $15 a year, so I'm assuming I'd have to pay the $45 a year for the national HOG as well as the $15 a year for local HOG.

OR...

Is the local HOG for $15 a year simply a more limited version of HOG membership that only has local benefits and whatnot?
I'm sorry but I don't know the deal with the hog. I was just wondering if it was like a real mc where you had to make a certian amount of runs and so forth.

Last edited by frankiefire702; 03-11-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:48 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Been Riding Harleys 40 years and never became a HOG Member until bought the New 2008 Electra 1st year membership is free .. So far see no reason to renew it, a year from now time will tell ...

Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 AM
nfdlbob
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ShockwaveTXB

OR...

You have to be a member of the national HOG to join a local chapter.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 AM
StreetGeezer
Tourer

HOG national membership is mandatory prior to applying to a local chapter.
HOG is not a club, it's a riding group or whatever you want to call it. It's sponsored by Harley and the chapters are attached to a dealership. We have three here on Oahu. It's supposed to be there so we can all join up and ride together but there are other bennies to it also. Look on the HD website under the Owners tab and it'll explain some of them.
They send you the yearly rockers, etc. when you update your membership every year.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:40 AM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering if I should renew my first year free HOG membership when it expires, but I decided to join the Wild Hogs instead.....

Quick Reply: HOG Yearly Patches/Banners