General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

skulls and skeletons

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:59 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, I don't like skulls either:

Old 03-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Bulpitt
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Skulls...

Old 03-11-2009, 11:19 AM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think it runs along the same lines as rainbows and tu tus are associated with Goldwing riders.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:47 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like them used in a good way. just plastering them on every sport on the bike is a little much. I have one on my AC and my footpegs, but that's it. But who knows? I may go nuts one day!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:03 PM
TerryFXST
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner11
I like them used in a good way. just plastering them on every sport on the bike is a little much. I have one on my AC and my footpegs, but that's it. But who knows? I may go nuts one day!
I'm pretty sure people will make fun of you if you plaster your bike with nuts.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:24 PM
gary_montague
Road Captain

Thanks for all the research. That was very interesting. Funny thing is I never got the skull thing. I figured it came out of the Hells Angels and their style. watched a thing on the history channnel and saw a bunch of them on the bikes they pictured.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:26 PM
budnlucy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all your input. Everyones got different opinions, and thats cool. To each his own.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m really glad somebody posted this….I was thinking of asking myself.

I don’t get it personally. I have a couple t-shirts with skulls. They put them on everything it seems. I don’t particularly care for the connotation of death associated with riding a motorcycle. I can see how that works for a 1% club.

I could do without the dorky *** clowns that look like they came from Insane Clown Posse (not a fan) or something too. No offense to anyone who likes that stuff.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:34 PM
2K1FLHPI
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is my understanding that back in the day churches put gargoyles to ward off evil. Apparently, evil could not stand to look at its own image.

Few symbols are as widely connected to death as a skull. I have skulls on my bike to help ward off the Grim Reaper (or some stupid cager not paying attention). Yes, it is superstition but so is the Gremlin Bell also hanging off my left floorboard.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Sail and Ride
Tourer

This sort of ties in with another post, about Myrtle Beach not liking the biker crowd anymore and closing down the rally. That generated a lot of wrath from many, some of who expressed a desire to inflict mayhem and violence on the citizens and officials of that city. Take a look at the avatars in this forum and ask yourself, how many promote an anti-social, bad-*** wannabe attitude with images of skulls, guns, insane-looking carictures, evil wolves, etc. and how many sig lines express an F-you attitude toward society, especially those who don't enjoy the sound of a bike running straight pipes? Is it any wonder the citizens had enough of that kind of thing? Generalizations are just that, generalizations, but I remember a saying from my Army days...If you hang around with F-ups, that makes you a F-up.

Quick Reply: skulls and skeletons