General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small Helmets for Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 06:19 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,316 Posts

My little hen has a small noodle too. I got her a bell, small. Make the rounds to a few bike shops and have her try some on. And forget how good she looks in one. It isn't about looks, it's about protecting your mate.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:33 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chas63
Georgia Girl,

Which of the Fulmer helmets are smaller/thinner? I couldn't tell from the website info I looked at.

Thanks.

Anyone else have any suggestions? I might even consider a non-DOT approved helmet. Any recommendations?

Chas
Chas, I'll have to see if there is a model number in or on mine when I get home. It actually came with my husband's sporty and luckily fit me perfectly. However, sounds like you've gotten some good recommendations on the Shoei.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also wear an x-small. I got one from these people. I love it.
http://www.ironhorsehelmets.com/motorcycle.htm

Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonidas
+1 ...I got my ACC helmet from http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/ and couldn't be happier, mine is DOT approved and look as thin as some novelty helmets, I couldn't be happier with mine.
Me too with the ACC (www.carbonfiberhelmets.com) smallest and lighest DOT out there, but more expensive. A close second are HCI 1/2 Helmets almost as small (thin) but made from fiberglass , cost about $ 65.00. I rode with a HCI for almost 2 years before getting my ACC

Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Biker Oma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arai makes a model called 'Profile'. Its specifically for the smaller NARROWER head. Have her try one on for size.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:03 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I can understand the driver of a m/c making a choice as to what helmet or not to wear. But I could not live with myself if I crashed with my wife on the back after suggesting to her that she wear anything less than a FF just because it 'looks' good. I can't imagine having to look at a scarred up face from a crash and tell her, "Don't worry about it dear, your helmet still looks good on you. Your face looks like hell, but who will notice it riding down the road in that "fly" helmet"

Old 03-11-2009, 12:09 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Her head; her choice, just let it be an informed choice.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:16 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes, but I'm responsible for her while driving. If she were riding her own, I would agree with you.
Besides, she spends so much money on skin care products that she would never dream of having her face "sandblasted" with all the air pollutants encountered while riding. She looked at our faceshields years ago and said, "All that s*** would be splattered on my face if I didn't have this thing on" She's a pretty smart cookie!

Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Good for her. Whatever makes the two of you happy and the most comfortable.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very small faced also. I've purchased about 15 helmets looking for just the right one! The ones I ordered on line never fit. I just kept going to stores until I found what I wanted. The one I wear the most is a $65 HCI half helmet with a visor. I like it's look, it's not heavy on my scrony neck, and it's DOT. I also have the same in the full face helmet which I wear whenever too.

I never really cared how they looked, but I did care how they fit. And you have to go try them all on before you find a comfortable one. Carefully, and walk around the store with it on!

I also don't like getting my face sandblasted so I wear a light weight face mask almost all the time. Wear the turtle fur ones in the winter.

You can find the HCI's in most motorcycle shops, except for HD shops!!

Quick Reply: Small Helmets for Ladies