General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI Phoenix campus

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:30 PM
hummeld3
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orlando

Ok, I attended MMI Orlando. Personally I think it was a waste of money. I took all the Harley courses: Late and early model, screaming eagle, ect. The school taught basic stuff which was interesting, but in the long run I paid $22,000 to learn to read a service manual very well. Another thing is if you plan on working in a Harley shop stay in the warmer weather all year round, especially now the way the economy is. I graduated in 2005 with a 3.95 gpa and applied to 12 dealerships in Indiana and none of them wanted to hire me for some reason. Wish i would have stayed down south now. Can't afford to take the pay cut from my current job to work as a tech at a harley dealership. This is all obviously my opinion just thought i would tell you my experience. On the campus thing, there was a guy at Orlando that transferred from Phoenix and he liked Orlando the best, but thats only one guy that i know of haha. Good luck at it, if you decide to go.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Josh8612
Stage I
Default Josh MMI

Hi Everyone..... im a 22 year old male.... about to turn 23... and live in cali...... i had a street bike and was hit on it by an ASAIN...lol... and havent really road sence... but everytime i see a harley i catch my self stairing at it and i just really like them... i have road 1 about 3 times... and loved it.... i do NOT. have too much knoldge about bikes besides like basic matnice....... but can do just about anything to a car as long as i have the manual....... this school is 25K for me i would have to leave my hosue wich jsut started payiong for and pay for somehting out htere.... none of this reall matters to me i jsut really want ot do this.... ive heard my age is not the most comomon but again this dosent matter to me.... jsut seeing if anyone would give me there Opinion on what they think... thanks for ur time... JOSH

Old 06-07-2009, 06:02 PM
jimmie d wad
Tourer

guy in town that went there cant even put a tire on the right way.all your really paying for anyway is the sheet of paper.anothe rguy i just worked went there but cant build a custom.sometimes wish i had that sheet of paper.good luck

Old 06-07-2009, 06:13 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Last i checked it cost around $24K and the education you get from what I understand is pretty elementary. The link I am attaching is a HD school located in Kansas you may not have heard of and it costs about $5K. It is also pretty elementary but you also get a real degree and not just a certificate that you can build your education on if you wanted and eventually get on more of a corporate level in the MOCO. Good luck! http://www.fortscott.edu/academics/p...s/HD/index.asp

Old 06-07-2009, 07:01 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was very close to going to school to become a motorcycle mechanic. On the advise of my father I decided to get a job at a motorcycle dealership to see if I liked it; what an eye opener. I've been riding my whole life, and love being around bikes whenever possible, but I would never work at a dealer again. It's a real tough way to make a living.