Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ladies- how do you control helmet hair?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ladies- how do you control helmet hair?

Girlfriend wanted me to ask- how do other women riders control helmet hair? Bandanna? Do-rag? Something? Anything? No solution?

Thanks!

Old 03-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

First thing my wife does when we stop is get her small cap out of the saddlebag so when the helmet comes off she hides the hair. She found a cute little cap that's smaller than a baseball hat and gets her compliments all the time so she loves it.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:12 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife has hair down to her butt. She brades it and puts a couple bobby pins on the sides. When we ride with the winter helmuts (3/4 with glass) she doesn't need to fuss to much when we stop but when the warmer weather comes and we wear our novelty lids she wears a ball cap under the hulmut backwards.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:22 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I realize ponytails are not an option for many women, but I always pull mine back in a pony when I ride. Mine definitely gets flat, but not as bad as women who style their hair. Don't think short hair is exempt either, it's probably fares the worst under the confines of a helmet.

I have also discovered wearing a do-rag under the helmet helps my hair from getting as flat, but it comes off with the helmet since I think I look stupid in a do-rag alone. I keep a "cute" hat in my saddlebags for particularly bad hair days.

Here's a link to a review you might want to show her
http://www.womenridersnow.com/Public...ArticleID=1039

Last edited by monstead; 03-08-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:25 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with my and she said there is nothing you can do so carry a brush in the bags like she does. By the way she and I are married 1 year today!!!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 03:21 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife used a Hair Glove for years till she cut the hair off and gave it to Locks of Love. Hair Gloves are nice cause she didn't have to braid her hair. You can find them usually on the counters of most motorcycle dealers or shops. They come in several different lengths.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:28 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Lost1
Girlfriend wanted me to ask- how do other women riders control helmet hair? Bandanna? Do-rag? Something? Anything? No solution?

Thanks!
OK, I know it's not for your girlfriend but you did not want to take the beat down for asking this for yourself.

Would not a woman do it the same way as we men with hair on our heads?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:31 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,058 Likes on 633 Posts

..............Congratulations Cowboy

Old 03-08-2009, 03:37 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by monstead
I realize ponytails are not an option for many women, but I always pull mine back in a pony when I ride. Mine definitely gets flat, but not as bad as women who style their hair. Don't think short hair is exempt either, it's probably fares the worst under the confines of a helmet.

I have also discovered wearing a do-rag under the helmet helps my hair from getting as flat, but it comes off with the helmet since I think I look stupid in a do-rag alone. I keep a "cute" hat in my saddlebags for particularly bad hair days.

100% ditto here! Pony tail, hair gets flat, use a do-rag, but I look awful in a do-rag alone!! (My first response was simply going to be "you dont" control it .)I am about ready to get a trim before riding season starts and then my hair pretty much goes to hell for the summer.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Harley Chick 1967
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

A hat always works, especailly when it is really hot out!! I wear a ponytail always and just carry a brush along with me and hope for the best!! lol Not having any products in the hair helps too, gel and hairspray just tend to make hair go flat under the helmets!! Hope this helps!!

Quick Reply: Ladies- how do you control helmet hair?