General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost Got Us !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:48 PM
DeckerDude
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost Got Us !!

How about this...We're riding along in the shoulder lane of a three lane freeway tonight heading home, as we approached an exit a guy in a red pickup in the center lane about two car lengths ahead of us starts moving into my lane...I figure he's just seen his exit and not us so I slow down figuring he's going to cut across and down the exit but no !! Now he's in my lane and slowing even more there is a car on my butt and a transport behind the car, this moron continues to the right pulling onto the shoulder at about twenty miles an hour. What the hell I'm thinking is this guy having a heart attack or something. NO !! As I pass by this idiot is on the PHONE !! I lay on the horn and he's looking at me as if to say...What ?? My phone was ringing and I had to answer it...I felt like pulling over, dragging him out of his truck and beating the living CHIT out of him but instead I was just glad me and the missus were still alive.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:55 PM
hardhead
Tourer

Yep. When I'm riding I pretend the other cars all drive like I did back in high school. I say to myself, "Ok, what is the stupidest thing this car can do right now?" That has helped me a lot. Sometimes they do that stupid thing, and I'm prepared. I'm glad ya'll are alright. We are invisible out there.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Mighty MO
Tourer

Hey Decker; go back and beat the **** out of that guy for me too!

Old 03-07-2009, 11:31 PM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say we start a "Close Call Section"! Cuz wit the weather warming up,these near death tales will just keep coming.Be careful out there.Way more bad drivers than good ones on the mean streets!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:58 AM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad it al worked out and you are still up and ridin, some real dummies out there.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:03 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,614 Likes on 5,099 Posts

...I felt like pulling over, dragging him out of his truck and beating the living CHIT out of him but instead I was just glad me and the missus were still alive.[/QUOTE] I have always wanted to do that, but I don't think I could, I would love to yank the phone out of her/his ear and toss it in the middle of the road

Old 03-08-2009, 09:08 AM
hdpearl70
Road Captain

How about a positive spin on the situation? At least the idiot was smart enough to pull over? I agree, could of done it in a safer manner

Old 03-08-2009, 09:11 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i would like to do something else with the phone...cany say a whole lot though..i seen a dude on a rice rocket texting on his phone while on the interstate...duh...

Old 03-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

Woulda been a lot less stressful on everyone and safer if the idiot was allowed to answer the damn phone and talk on it while driving.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:31 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Eyespy
Woulda been a lot less stressful on everyone and safer if the idiot was allowed to answer the damn phone and talk on it while driving.
I don't know about that. For most people on phones it can be just as dangerous as if they were driving drunk. Thier focus is on the conversation and the hell with everything else going on around them. I wanna smack every person I see with a cell phone while driving. But that's just me. A woman tried to run me off the road the other day. She was on a cell phone and had me boxed in on the highway and would'nt move. She was way under the speed limit in the fast lane.When I finally got past her I gave her the finger and yelled for her to hang up the fuggin phone. She immediately swang into my lane, accelerated and got right on my ***. It was at my exit so I got off..again giving her the finger. If my exit was'nt there..it mighta got ugly. So...fug a cell phone.

Quick Reply: Almost Got Us !!