General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost Got Us !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear he didn't hit your or cause an accident.

I'll tell ya, I've been riding for 34 years, and never been in an accident until last month. I have never seen such rude drivers as they are here in Vegas, and I used to live in Los Angeles.

So today after recovering and waiting to get my bike back, (which I did today) I went for a short 50 miles ride. I rode extreamly cautious, even more than usual. I wish I'd had a helmet video camera to post on here. The drivers in Vegas just don't care about ANYONE else. In my short ride I was cut off about 6 times. And when I say cut off, I mean someone pulling in front of me so close that I had to put on my brakes to avoid hitting the back of them. That's how bad it is here, worse than any place I've traveled.

Again, glad you weren't hurt.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:45 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

When I'm on the freeway, I'm usually in the hammer lane going a little faster (well, maybe a lot faster) than the flow of traffic. That way, I only have to watch for problems on three sides not four. Glad you did not get hit.

Last edited by mcrider1; 03-10-2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-10-2009, 08:05 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I HATE people who think that they HAVE to answer the dam phone just as soon as it rings EVERY time! What the he11 is that all about anyway? I DO NOT understand it at all! ------ Dumb azzes all of them, is my guess!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:10 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I guess I'm a dumbazz then, because my phone rings automatically in my helmet. It does cut the music & intercom out while I'm talking on the phone though. Oh yeah, I can also walk and chew gum at the same time too.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:14 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DeckerDude
How about this...We're riding along in the shoulder lane of a three lane freeway tonight heading home
Ok, this may sound sarcastic but why were you riding in the shoulder....A guy in a truck gets a phone call on his cell and decides to do something smart and pull off the roadway to handle it instead of driving down the road and talking. How is he supposed to know there will be a bike in the part of the road that is meant for broke down vehicles.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad you and your lady are still good to go

Old 03-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Glad for you and the old lady that it worked out in the end.

However, I'm with the right-wing-you-should-have-put-a-smack-down-on-his-face crowd.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:06 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glass marbles would get attention and no fingerprints

Old 03-11-2009, 12:48 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeckerDude
How about this...We're riding along in the shoulder lane of a three lane freeway tonight heading home,...

...this moron continues to the right pulling onto the shoulder at about twenty miles an hour.
er, why were you riding along the shoulder of the freeway? I mean, sure, this other guy may be a tool and all, but uh, people pull off the freeway onto the shoulder for legitimate reasons as well, which would have also endangered you.

maybe you should stay off the freeway until you can ride in the traffic lanes? im not saying that to be a jerk, but riding on the shoulder of the freeway is a sign you shouldnt be on the freeway yet.

-max

Old 03-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 0lowrider1
i would like to do something else with the phone...cany say a whole lot though..i seen a dude on a rice rocket texting on his phone while on the interstate...duh...
Saw a guy doing that on a bagger, last summer. rolling down I35 at 70+ mph. Cell in his left hand, open, punchin' buttons like there was no tomorrow. KEEP DOING THAT TOOPID CHIT, ain't gonna be no tomorrow, dough head.

ALL kinds, and you better be ready for 'em.

Quick Reply: Almost Got Us !!