General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IM BLAMING IT ON THE SUN

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006 | 09:11 AM
geno3j
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default IM BLAMING IT ON THE SUN

Today was a beautiful day, work was kind of slow and I have had all the parts I need to install new "Cubby" handelbars and tuck away those nasty wires, did the throttel and clutch cables both as well. Also installed flsuh mounted fuel cap and gauge. For those that have done this you know the biggeest PIA is getting the tank off once that was done then teh rest was not too bad. Well took total about 4 hours with running in and out of work to take care of a few things (got to keep peace with coworkers). Well I finnished up wiped up all the finger prints and after filling transmission and adding a bit of fuel I wanted to check everything out. First turn on and nothing bad happens. Yes I am thinking all is right, I start it no issues, I check clutch good to go, throttels work nice. Check Right turn signal it works, now I hit the keft turn signal and my horn blows. Dang wouldn't you know it I am wiring the left side chit chatting with a coworker and wired the thing bass actwards. So no have to take tank back off and rewire the the left side. Good thing is now I know how to do it. Im blamming it on the sun cooking my balding head causeing me to be tempoerly blind and loss on mind. Think they will buy it? New picxs comming soon as I get the horn and left turn signal working right.

Old 04-25-2006 | 09:21 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Default RE: IM BLAMING IT ON THE SUN

Great post. Thanks for the chuckle.

Old 04-25-2006 | 09:31 AM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: geno3j
<<<<<<<<<SNIP>>&g t;>>>>>>

now I hit the keft turn signal and my horn blows.

Im blamming it on the sun cooking my balding head causeing me to be tempoerly blind and loss on mind. Think they will buy it?

LOL, its a good thing the bike didn't start when you hit the left turn signal

Iam buying the sun thing, even though I haven't seen it in a couple days. If your co-workers don't .........screw'em [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 04-25-2006 | 10:16 AM
liltrk
Road Warrior

If it was me I would leave it. I don't know how many times I have wanted to blow the horn a some dumb cager, and instead I gave them a firm application of my left turn signal. LOL

Old 04-25-2006 | 10:57 AM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: liltrk

If it was me I would leave it. I don't know how many times I have wanted to blow the horn a some dumb cager, and instead I gave them a firm application of my left turn signal. LOL
[sm=exactly.gif] Just re-label the buttons. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 04-25-2006 | 04:56 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

LMAO.......good post