General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ever had your Harley repossessed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts
Default ever had your Harley repossessed?

talked to my banker the other day, was gonna re-fi the scoot and shuffle some money around.

he said they RARELY get to repo HD's, he said he had a buddy lost his house, his car, and his wife. kept current on his bike payments,

got an apartment, and rode the scoot to work.

i have had 2 car's repo'd (long story - best thing ever happened to me)

Old 03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

My nephew works in the business and says that quite a few Harleys are joining the ranks of repo vehicles here in the Northeast.

Sammi

Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, I have never had anything repo'ed but I have had a few girlfriends that I wish someone else would have took back.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Tbyrd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been keeping an eye out for a used HD for a friend of mine lately. I have noticed a few listed as repos selling cheap.

But to answer the main question, no, I have never had a vehicle repossessed.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I pay cash for my scoots, cause I DO NOT ever want to get to that place where I have to take an ad out on Craigslist: ....................

MOMMA 4 SALE !!!

HATE to part with the Ol' Gurl, but a guy's gotta do, what a guys gotta do. I have 3 Harleys to feed, 2 need new shoes, and one needs counseling. The 'older' one suffers from Abandonment Anxiety Syndrome. And the MAN is knockin' at the door, so, Momma has to go.

VERY Sporting model. NOT very domesticated, BUT, a lot o' FUN. Some wear and tear, BUT in EXCELLENT condition, (see attached pic) considering the 'hard miles'. (Well, she DOES live with ME !!! )
She is a Gramma, BUT DO NOT be fooled. Scoot for sale, also, or as package deal.

I'd HATE like H*ll to have to sell this one, too. The LAST one is STILL pizzed at me.

I agree, with the concept, most guys would do anything to hold onto the Harley. BUT a lot of the ppl who buy them, now, are not DIE IN MY LEATHERS type riders, anymore. As such, I BELIEVE they would NOT sell/abandon the wife, kids, house to save the scoot. DON'T ASK !!!!

EVER quit a job, jus' to go to Sturgis??
Ever take a job, jus' so you could afford to get to Sturgis??
Well, ya have your answer.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:49 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,356 Likes on 8,412 Posts

Gump, you aint right, you just aint right!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:50 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Personally I haven't, but a bro of mine did! Nasty divorce and got screwed in the whole deal and fell behind on payments trying to save his parents house. He had a lot of money into the bike and didn't want to hand it over, so he was keeping it in his parents house and only took it out when he was actually going to be riding it. One day he left it out over night and BAM...they got that SOB!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
I pay cash for my scoots, cause I DO NOT ever want to get to that place where I have to take an ad out on Craigslist: ....................

MOMMA 4 SALE !!!

HATE to part with the Ol' Gurl, but a guy's gotta do, what a guys gotta do. I have 3 Harleys to feed, 2 need new shoes, and one needs counseling. The 'older' one suffers from Abandonment Anxiety Syndrome. And the MAN is knockin' at the door, so, Momma has to go.

VERY Sporting model. NOT very domesticated, BUT, a lot o' FUN. Some wear and tear, BUT in EXCELLENT condition, (see attached pic) considering the 'hard miles'. (Well, she DOES live with ME !!! )
She is a Gramma, BUT DO NOT be fooled. Scoot for sale, also, or as package deal.

I'd HATE like H*ll to have to sell this one, too. The LAST one is STILL pizzed at me.

I agree, with the concept, most guys would do anything to hold onto the Harley. BUT a lot of the ppl who buy them, now, are not DIE IN MY LEATHERS type riders, anymore. As such, I BELIEVE they would NOT sell/abandon the wife, kids, house to save the scoot. DON'T ASK !!!!

EVER quit a job, jus' to go to Sturgis??
Ever take a job, jus' so you could afford to get to Sturgis??
Well, ya have your answer.
Gump, anyway I can get a test ride!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:59 AM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My parents were way up there in age when I was born, mom 45,dad 59, back in 1960, so I learned how to spend money the old fashion way, live within your means and pay cash for toys. So no, I never had anything repo or ever will.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Pappy 05 Heritage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I never had a vehicle repossessed and hope I never do.

Gump I agree with JW--you just aint right but funny as h3ll tho

Quick Reply: ever had your Harley repossessed?