General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ever had your Harley repossessed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 12:29 AM
atomic
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowridin packer
Why do you feel that way? If you buy something and can't pay for it that is stealing, plain and simple. The repo guy is just getting the owner back his vehicle in my opinion. If you ask me, that is pretty standup.

It amazes me that anyone defends people that live beyond their means.
Well it could happen to anyone these days. Even if you bike is paid for they can take it. A friend of mine many years ago had a rental car for a trip. He got tired and let a friend of his drive it for a while, the friend wrecked it. So his insurance company wouldn't pay for the damage. The rental car agency wanted more money than he had. So they got a judgement and got into his property and took his motorcycle. He ended up paying the money he owed an got the motorcycle back.

But the way the world is looking these days they might be reposessing more Harleys than people who are willing to buy them from the banks. You remember the banks right? The ones that gave out home loans to people who couldn't afford them by tricking them into ARM's. THey couldn't pay back the loans and now this is causing people who weren't doing anything wrong to lose their jobs?

Old 03-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Sod Farmer
3rd Gear

You can feel that way until some Cager wacks you and puts you in the hospital for 4 days. I have a lawyer, and darn glad they are there.

If you want to know who the real scum are, they are people who overextend themselves and then can't pay their bills. They are the ones who GOT US IN THIS RECESSION. Without the morons who bought houses they could not afford, we would not be in this banking crisis. Why don't you wake up and see who the real SCUM are. They are the people who get hit by the REPO man.

I think you need to wake up
+10,000
Right on point!
How much interest do you suppose that the bank would charge for aloan if the repo man didn't do his job???? I for one hopes he does a heck of a good job - - - - - I'm tired of paying for the deadbeat "Scum".

Old 03-07-2009, 01:54 AM
knc2121
Intermediate

Originally Posted by oldairboater
No, I have never had anything repo'ed but I have had a few girlfriends that I wish someone else would have took back.
LMAO

I had a guy take a very high mileage gal off my hands once. He thought he stole her.....I guess one man's trash....

Old 03-07-2009, 02:23 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To all the people on here so proud of paying cash for their bike, you better have some kick *** insurance. You are not free and clear just because its paid for. One mistake and someone will be taking it. Some fine attorney will be happy you paid for it. Something to think about.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:44 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a Ford Harley Truck from a guy who was going through a divorce couple years ago for a great price. I felt kinda bad but I gave him what he was asking for it. He didn't want wife to get it I guess? Yea, my heart goes out to people during these times. True some people could use some financial education but it could happen to any of us given the right circumstances. "There but for the grace of God..."

Old 03-07-2009, 07:12 AM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by captjon37
To all the people on here so proud of paying cash for their bike, you better have some kick *** insurance. You are not free and clear just because its paid for. One mistake and someone will be taking it. Some fine attorney will be happy you paid for it. Something to think about.

You need a good lawyer, not "kick ***" insurance in that kind of situation.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:41 AM
two dogs
Cruiser

5000 + post get a life there bud!

Old 03-07-2009, 10:29 AM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you feel that way? If you buy something and can't pay for it that is stealing, plain and simple. The repo guy is just getting the owner back his vehicle in my opinion. If you ask me, that is pretty standup.

It amazes me that anyone defends people that live beyond their means.
Hey sport, read the entire thread then jump in and if you want to direct a question to me, send me a PM. If you wanna discuss it in person, we can do that too but don't sit there looking at the snow outside your window and calling me out in the forum. I'm sick of ITG's...oh by the way, youre a chubby lil hobbit aren't you? ever sit on a bike outside of a dealership?

Old 03-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Tailbreaker
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by atomic
You remember the banks right? The ones that gave out home loans to people who couldn't afford them by tricking them into ARM's. THey couldn't pay back the loans and now this is causing people who weren't doing anything wrong to lose their jobs?

I hate to detour this thread but I had to comment on this.
Tricked people into ARMS?............It's called a contract, all these people had to do was read it. No one was tricked, people tried to live beyond their means without regard for what would happen when that ARM was inflated. Now I agree that the banks should have never loaned that money in the first place but I don''t see how anyone was tricked.