General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ever had your Harley repossessed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:04 AM
albertasaurus
Road Master
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Gump, any mods or aftermarket parts on Momma, or is she stock?

Old 03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually build my bikes using cash sale bikes for their title and frame, etc but the Road King was financed and the payments aren't that bad as Eagle Federal gave me 3.9%...not gonna buy another until Harley comes out with something so new and so different that I just have to get it...other than that I'll just keep doing stuff to the 07...maybe a 124" someday...

Old 03-04-2009, 11:30 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote=cowboy1;4651857]
Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
+1 and I don't agree with JW very often......

Saw and ad in the paper Sunday, 08 Street Glide $22,000.00 or take over payments of $420.00 per month... QUOTE]

Thats funny cuz you can get a new one cheaper than that...
I agree...wonder if it too, will soon be a repo.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:31 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Nope, always buy things I could afford, If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't have bought it.

I have run across several that were being sold to avoid it.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
n4toc
Road Captain

Never had a bike repo'ed, I have repo'ed several. I picked up a '07 FLHTCU a few days ago, a '05 FLHRCI last night, 2 Sporties last week, a Screamin' Eagle RK last month. Those are just off the top of my head. It sucks when I have to take someone's Harley, cars, trucks, sport bikes, Jap bikes, none of those bother me. But it's tough to take someone's Harley. Sad times we're living in...

Old 03-04-2009, 02:43 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by n4toc
Never had a bike repo'ed, I have repo'ed several. I picked up a '07 FLHTCU a few days ago, a '05 FLHRCI last night, 2 Sporties last week, a Screamin' Eagle RK last month. Those are just off the top of my head. It sucks when I have to take someone's Harley, cars, trucks, sport bikes, Jap bikes, none of those bother me. But it's tough to take someone's Harley. Sad times we're living in...
This is nothign against you as a person but the repo guys I know around here all need to be shot! Anyone who capitolizes on others misfortunes needs a pipe to the head...and no I'm not a guy who hates repo men just because they took something of mine because it hasn't happened to me.

I just feel that people can make a living without preying on others...fire repair contractors, repo men, insurance adjusters, lawyers, "collision centers", contractors who follow storms...oh and any politician...

By the way, Eagle Federal is offering folks 2 months no payments to help you catch up...thats a sign that Harley is willing to help people in these tough times...

Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Slaps
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy1
This is nothign against you as a person but the repo guys I know around here all need to be shot! Anyone who capitolizes on others misfortunes needs a pipe to the head...and no I'm not a guy who hates repo men just because they took something of mine because it hasn't happened to me.

I just feel that people can make a living without preying on others...fire repair contractors, repo men, insurance adjusters, lawyers, "collision centers", contractors who follow storms...oh and any politician...

By the way, Eagle Federal is offering folks 2 months no payments to help you catch up...thats a sign that Harley is willing to help people in these tough times...
Damn wonder if they'll lower my % then...

Some repo guys are scum but some are just making a living. Don't blame people making a living off of the deadbeats blame the deadbeats and the person supplying them. It's like blaming a cop for arresting a junky.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Slaps
Damn wonder if they'll lower my % then...

Some repo guys are scum but some are just making a living. Don't blame people making a living off of the deadbeats blame the deadbeats and the person supplying them. It's like blaming a cop for arresting a junky.
No it's not like blaming a cop for arresting a junkie. The junkie is a criminal in the eyes of the law and repo men will take an old lady's car because she missed a payment due to her being a widow. Sh*t the repo guy in my town will pick up a freakin car then drive up to Starbucks and hang around with it on the hook...

Old 03-04-2009, 03:50 PM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gump,
Momma is hot, and she is going to kick your A$$ when she and if she sees that post!
ROFL

Old 03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy1

So if you sold something to someone and they don't pay you make the payments for them....dude ALL these people took a loan and signed a contract with an agreement to pay with the bike as collateral. PERIOD!
So if you do work for someone and they don't pay you let them slide?

I doubt it.

Quick Reply: ever had your Harley repossessed?