General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vegas Harley Rentals

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 08:48 PM
SilverDawg
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vegas Harley Rentals

I'll be flying into Sin City in early May. I'm getting in early to hopefully rent a bike for a day and see the sites outside of the city. Anyone have any experience, good or bad, with any of the bike rental facilities in Vegas?

Also, anyone have any good rides/routes? I'll hit the internet soon, but just thought I might see what is already known!

Any members living in Vegas?

Old 04-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Desert Rat
Advanced
Default RE: Vegas Harley Rentals

SD,

Las Vegas HD on Eastern & Sahara has a nice selection of rentals.. Had a friend take one of their RG's out for a fews days last year with no issues. Bike has some miles on it but ran, and performed well.

Let me kow if i can be of further help.

DR

Old 04-25-2006, 12:39 AM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

Thanks, I'll look them up.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:41 AM
sbolt
Advanced

short trips, but oustanding scenery should include Red Rocks, the coastal drive along Lake Mead and of course the Hoover dam.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:07 AM
eddybo69
Road Master

rented from them last year. they have maps of some great routes in the store and they will reccomend routes to fit your time frame. Loved the lake meade route and enjoyed riding over the dam, didnt make red rock. Go figure, the rain was terrible when i was there, it also snowed on the strip, what are the odds. Wife and I are riding out there this summer who wants to bet that they have severe thunderstorms in nevada around june 6.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Danester
Road Master

Just be careful - - I read somewhere (or saw an episode of COPS) that VEGAS was the number one tourist attraction for drunk drivers - -- and just like here DC, all the non English speaking- mindless accidental tourists get behind the wheel just cruising and not paying attention - - not to mention the teens on the cell trying to sew some wild oats![sm=rant.gif]

I'd just get out and away from the strip with it as fast as possible -- like mentioned above - - Hoover Dam -- - or better yet, the bunny farm.....

Old 04-25-2006, 03:32 AM
KY HDRider
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I was in Vegas in Feb. and rented an Ultra from Las Vegas HD for one afternoon. Didn't have much time, so just cruised the strip for 2-3 hours. Wife sitting 2-up was snapping pictures from the back while we cruised the strip, pretty cool. Pretty sure the rates were $90. for 4 hours, and $155. for 24 hours. I was staying at the Belagio, and LVHD has a shuttle bus that makes stops at some of the hotels every hour. I went to Bally's directly across the street to catch the shuttle, and also caught the shuttle back to Bally's. You will need a credit card with at least $1000. for them to place on hold for damage deposit. Also, insurance is extra, I called Foremost who insures my bike, and they said rentals were not covered under my own insurance, so I bought insurance from LVHD. All in all an easy process, I think all bikes all the same rental price regardless of the model you want, from Sportster thru the Ultra's. The guy that is outside when you pick up the bike asks you to ride around the parking lot to ensure you can actually ride, then you're off. They provide helmets too. Of course, I had to buy the tee-shirts too. Luckily I did not have any trouble like Danester mentioned above, but it was mid afternoon on a weekday when I was riding the strip, maybe the strip is much worse at night. Good luck.

Jerry
(04Ultra)

Old 04-25-2006, 05:59 AM
ABNELECTRAGLIDE
Cruiser

I think the DDAY gods will watch over you Eddy.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:16 AM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

You have to go through the "Valley of Fire" Its the most beautuful thing I have ever seen. Enjoy and be safe.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:09 AM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

I'll call them today to set up a reservation. I would like either a RK or and Ultra. Wonder if anyone rents the custom bikes, i.e. Big Dog, American Ironhorse, etc.?

Quick Reply: Vegas Harley Rentals