General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cry baby neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:21 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Default RE: cry baby neighbors

ORIGINAL: scrappy883r

my bike is stock for starters. When the cops have been called between the hours of 11am to 4 pm. There is bad blood between this neighbor and me way before I got the bike.
Sounds like you just need to beat the motherloving **** out of him then. Or pistol whip him in the head. Bet he won't bother you again!

Good thing I live in a neighborhood with no HOA. But then I like my next door neighbors, so when I'm out late on the bike, I usually kill it (keep the tach below 2500) before I make the last turn onto my street. During the day I could give a rat's a$$, nobody should be asleep at 5pm anyways!

Old 04-25-2006, 04:55 AM
stevent
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My neighbors are for the most part cool with a couple of f**k-wipes thrown in there. The people in the back are full on partiers with floodlights that shine in my window. I work weekends and them ******** are out there every friday and saturday night yukking it up with their ******* buddies, the guy next door looks like a frog (not a frenchie...a bullfrog) and fires up his weedwhacker, lawn mower and leaf blower every chance he gets... I just deal with it, my pipes are pretty quiet and I keep it cool in the 'hood anyway so no one says anything, in fact most of the people are young citizens with little kids that are actually very friendly towards me, which is pretty surprising because I mind my own business and wouldn't know them if I fell over them.

I make it a point not to cause any grief and make sure my kids don't either, it's stupid to sh*t your own nest. Unless they're renters you're going to be living next to each other for a while... best learn to get along.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Fred00
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Stucarius

Man, I bet you have a convenience in your neighborhood right? If so it will not be the last you hear of it and they can shut you down you fine you into oblivion.

I have a neighbor with decent pipes, not too loud, just a nice sound.

However, like all good pipes if you bust the throttle they will really put out some sound. This dud likes to leave the hood at 5am and get back at 2am sometime. Often Saturday and Sundays mornings. He does not seem to give a bleep about anyone else and pops his throttle coming and going no matter the time. Now down here in God's country we like to sleep with the windows open when we can in the spring and fall so he ALWAYS wakes me. Fine I can live with that but I gurantee that the BOD of the HOA (Home Owners Association) is going to get a complaint and tha is going to freeking effect me and the dozen other riders in teh neighborhood.

My point? Don't be a freaking jerk. There are others in this world and they are not "required" to love and understand your particular passion. Not even attempting to show understanding to complaints about sound from your own neighbors is just bull headed and results in getting the rest of us penalized right along with you.

Now as for moving an obviously beautiful bike from your side walk while it cools down is crazy talk but even then these are the people you live with and I bet looking at your house you live in a convenience neighborhood so beware. You could find yourself fined every time you ride the bike and failure to pay will result in a lean on your home that could cost you your house.

Fair warning. The guy who tries to coast in to the house when it is late or early should get a lot of kudos.
Good points!

ORIGINAL: Loch

Just do what I do when the neighbors complain. Look them straight in the eye and say if you’re not happy where you live I would suggest moving.
So you can ride around harassing people with exessively loud pipes and they are the ones that should move if they're not happy? I like your attitude...

Old 04-25-2006, 06:41 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would make sure that everyday as I rode past his house that I gave my clutch and throttel a good check and rev my motor nice n' loud......

Old 04-25-2006, 11:27 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Complaining about bad neighbours is it? Rubbing it in and expressing your distaste to their complaints with loud pipes in the early hours of the morning are you? And you're surprised at their reaction?

Out of all of your neighbours (and I can only assume there is more than one), there has ONLY been one guy or lady that has the nerve to walk up to your door to complain about the noise? Have you ever considered that he/she is not the bad neighbour... but in fact it's YOU. I would dare to bet that all of your neighbours feel the same way, but just don't have the kahoonas to walk up to your door to let you know what they think.

We all have neighbours ... we all have bikes .... how is it that most of us can discreetly come and go without upsetting anybody and you can't? I'm thinking you're putting way more effort into it that most.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:46 AM
AcidRayn
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Fred00

So you can ride around harassing people with exessively loud pipes and they are the ones that should move if they're not happy? I like your attitude...

^^^^WARNING!!!^^^^ DORK ALERT!!!!

PERSONALLY, i say park your scoot on HIS front lawn!!!

Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 AM
scttgr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JB

Yea and the ones that seem to complain the most are the ones that think its just fine to be out mowing the yard on Sunday at 6 in the morning.
exactly him and his screaming brat kids after weed eating and edging the perfect sculpted lawn.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:01 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What kind of noise bylaws do you have? I know, here in my home town, bylaws state no accessive noise between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am. This would include grass cutting, power saws, etc....and if I'm not mistaken even loud pipes (they can come and measure the noise emmisions) No acceptions ... if there is a complaint about you, they will investigate and you could be fined.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
cosmo glider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 506 Likes on 198 Posts

I've lived out in the country most of my life, in the house I built myself for 25 years. I can shout and hardly nobody can hear me. I've thought lately of selling out and buying a condo or house closer to town to be closer to some people. After reading this thread I'm inclined to stay put here. Just don't know if I would always have the social skills needed to be a close up neighbor, listening to the noise or making it. Feel for all of ya. Love thy neighbor.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:39 PM
timbo
Cruiser

If you've put yourself in a neighborhood be ready to deal with whatever from others. If your not prepared to deal with it or don't want to then move.

Times are a changin'. There doesn't seem to be anything neighborly about a neighborhood anymore. People tend to do whateverthefuk they want with total disrespect or due regard for everyone else. It's sad. Although my neighborhood is ok, if I could afford 10 acres not too far from work I'd move in a heartbeat!

Quick Reply: cry baby neighbors