General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cry baby neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 05:29 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: cry baby neighbors

So glad i live in the country and my closet neighbor is 1/2 mile away

Old 11-18-2006, 11:25 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

So he's a bad neighbor for owning a harley?Put the pipe down please!!!I'm pretty sure he's not gunning it down the street on the way to work!How long does it takes him to pass his house???If something like that wakes you completely out of a deep sleep,you need to take some pills or you behind wasn't really sleep in the first darn place!!!He's one of those guys that will buy a house right in line with departing airplane traffic and then turn around and complain to the city officials about the noise.Tell him to gas up your car/truck or move!
ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

Complaining about bad neighbours is it? Rubbing it in and expressing your distaste to their complaints with loud pipes in the early hours of the morning are you? And you're surprised at their reaction?

Out of all of your neighbours (and I can only assume there is more than one), there has ONLY been one guy or lady that has the nerve to walk up to your door to complain about the noise? Have you ever considered that he/she is not the bad neighbour... but in fact it's YOU. I would dare to bet that all of your neighbours feel the same way, but just don't have the kahoonas to walk up to your door to let you know what they think.

We all have neighbours ... we all have bikes .... how is it that most of us can discreetly come and go without upsetting anybody and you can't? I'm thinking you're putting way more effort into it that most.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:28 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior

Lmao!Thats some funny chit
ORIGINAL: PoleCat

I guess I've been lucky so far. Only one complainer and he had a barking dog. So I told him that when he killed the dog, I'd get a quieter bike. Never heard another word about it.

Funny thing is, he still has the barking dog and I got a quieter bike anyway.

But I'm saving up for some new pipes . . . . so look out mr. puppy man!

Old 11-18-2006, 11:44 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior

I dont think anyone installed aftremarket pipes on their bike just to **** the neighbors off!!!!So your take on this situation as a harley owner is not to upgrade your exhaust system because you might make your neighbors mad when you leave for work?You need to put the pipe down!
ORIGINAL: slacker

ORIGINAL: vegashd

I live in a community where the houses are a little on the high side for the area. So most of my neighbors are almost three times my age or at least twice my age. I get notes left on my front door all the time. My direct neighbors know I Idle as best i can and that I shut the bike off as early as possible.
I am curious about your line of thinking. If you get the absolute loudest modifications/pipes you can possibly get, legal or not, would it still be ok because you are as quiet as you can be? I don't know how loud your bike is now but it seems to me that you are still saying screw them, I have loud pipes and I don't care about them.

Personally if I wanted loud pipes, I would not get them. Why? Because I live in a townhouse community where we have no space between houses. Is it fair to expect my neighbors who don't like my reinharts to MOVE because I am too loud? Give me a break people. Put the crack pipe and beer down for a minute and listen to yourselves. Many people have said it and many others have said they don't have to. If we do not show respect to those around us we won't be enjoying the freedom for long. We live in a country where freedom is very important. But being free does NOT give us the right to shove our wants down our neighbors throats. That is what it all boils down to: selfishness and being inconsiderate of those who live around us.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW!!!! here's an oldie but a goodie.Who popped this ole thread from the dead??

Old 11-19-2006, 01:34 AM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a neighbor that lives on the next block over and she tells me that I'm her 7:00am alarm clock. My neighbors close by have never said anything negative in the past 6 years about me and my bike being to loud. Probably because I don't pull out like a jack *** everytime I leave my neighborhood. I at least wait until I get out onto the Highway before I open up the Thunderheader.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:01 AM
jkirisits
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have one neighbor that is asleep when i go to work in the morning, he goes to work at 1030pm. we both have loud vehicles, neither of us say a thing... being a good neighbor takes work on both parts