General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cry baby neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: cry baby neighbors

ORIGINAL: scttgr8

what a nice day to ride...rode to work this morning and when I pulled in the drive after getting home, the crybaby bitchaholic neighbor on the corner rang my doorbell. I was wondering who he was going to bitch[sm=confused06.gif] about this time and guess who....me[sm=devilangel.gif], his complaint....my bike...he didnt think it should be on the front yard(Saturday evening for a short time while I let it cool off) over the weekend and he thinks it is TOO LOUD. I ,at first, told him it was all perfectly legal and was not too loud, but he insisted it was especially at 4:45 in the morning. At that point I (not so politely) explained to him that I leave for work at 5:30 every morning and thanked him for letting me know somebody else had been in my garage and on my bike earlier. While he continued[sm=boohoo.gif], I explained to him that IF he wanted loud I could show him loud and politely suggested he remove himself from my front porch before I had to do the honor.
Without even reading the rest.. Dang right!

"My bike, my yard, my smith and wesson.. any questions? oh, and here's a set of baffles for ya.. I don't need 'em any more.. decided to open up the exhaust a little bit and let 'er breeeeeath."

Old 11-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Fishpart
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cop that lives in my neighorhood has a very loud Harley. Mine just stock.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:42 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody complains about my bike............ I look like a serial killer......... never say much.

DougJ

Old 11-17-2006, 09:49 PM
ZJAvy
Road Captain

When I moved into my neighborhood a year and a half ago all the older neighbors got tired of asking me to join them at church and moved away and neighbors my age moved in. Every UFC pay per view they are all at my house with a bunch of my other friends til wee hours of the night bbqing and drinking so they dont complain to much about our HDs. Although some of the older neighbors have kids with dirt bikes so Im pretty sure they dont care but the few that do live on the street that may complain already think I am a drug dealer so they leave me alone and usually dont say much to me, THATS FINE BY ME! LOL

One of em had an old beater car they decided to park in front of my house when I first moved in, I politely asked them to move it. They didnt, so I politely told them I was going to hook a chain to the front and tow it in front of their house with my truck if they didnt. It moved that day and they moved a few days later. Great neighbors now!!!! Im a people person.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:47 PM
sxs hillbilly
Outstanding HDF Member

If my closest neighbor gripes about anything, I would just "butcher the bitcher". We live in the middle of a 20 acre pasture with cows all around us. Closest people neighbors are about 300 yards away, two have Harleys, and a couple more have pickups with GOOD pipes. And.......I like to set out in the yard in the evening with a glass of tea and a shotgun, and shoot at starlings and such. I wonder why nobody comes around here complaining??

Old 11-18-2006, 12:06 AM
PoleCat
Road Captain

I guess I've been lucky so far. Only one complainer and he had a barking dog. So I told him that when he killed the dog, I'd get a quieter bike. Never heard another word about it.

Funny thing is, he still has the barking dog and I got a quieter bike anyway.

But I'm saving up for some new pipes . . . . so look out mr. puppy man!

Old 11-18-2006, 12:15 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I haven't heard a complaint yet, which is surprising. Scootergrrl is the manager of our bldg, and gets complaint messages on her phone all the time for all kinds of things, but none for me yet, or so she says. I was actually kinda hoping that the ******* neighbors who I don't like would bich when I started it up early, but nothing. I think they think I'm a drug dealer too, as it has been a while since I have worked...Maybe they are all scared of me because they heard stories of my evil twin doing unmentionable things and not sleeping for days. Who knows, but no one bothers me and that is the way I like it. All I get is "I am so afraid of those things..." Good, cause your not riding on it anyway...[8D]

Old 11-18-2006, 01:17 AM
straitshot151
Tourer

Show him what loud really is.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:53 AM
ironhorse
Road Master

Tell him to get a life

Old 11-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

F@#K HIM! I pushed my bike to the road for a the first week that I had my Harley. My neighbor although we get along came to me and compained. I leave out at about 3:45am when I work days so the next time I was on days I backed the bike out of the garage and pointed the exhaust towards his house, cranked it up and let it warm up while I put my gear on.

Well that evening when I pulled into the driveway he came walking over and before he could say anything I asked him if it was louder this morning, than normal and he said yes and asked me why. I explained that I had been trying to be considerate of him and his wife by pushing my bike up my 300' driveway then cranking it up and idling off real slow. Then I told him that if it was going to wake him anyway that there was no since in me pushing it up the driveway.............He has never complained again.

Quick Reply: cry baby neighbors