General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Protective Gear or Firearm?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009 | 09:42 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
From: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

Originally Posted by mcrider1
I didn't know that you could legally carry in a bank? Maybe you should take a CCW refresher course?
And, my question was, which will likely protect you more riding your bike?
Maybe you should, because in my state, I can legally carry in a bank. I don't really need your legal advice regarding when and where it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, but thanks. And I thought I just answered your question, so why are you asking it again? What was it about my answer you don't like?

Old 03-03-2009 | 09:48 AM
jstreet0204
Road Master

I just don't understand the folks that think they are going to need their gun on the bike before they will need protective gear. And why do some of you guys think that people who wear all the gear are scared of crashing and should just drive their car? Couldn't the same be said about carrying a gun, if your that scared, why not just stay home?
Sorry man, but that make absolutely too much sense to be posted here.

Old 03-03-2009 | 09:50 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member

I carry all the time, with the exception of places that it's not legal (courthouse, bars, police station ECT.) Why should I not carry while riding? It's an apple and orange question.

Old 03-03-2009 | 09:54 AM
alame
Tourer

Originally Posted by sportster/dyna
Freedom of choice in the Land of the Free. That should be understood by all Americans, but I fear it is not. It is not understood in Canada.
ya got my vote on that one partner.........definitly not understood in Canada

Old 03-03-2009 | 10:02 AM
robbieaz62
Cruiser

don't you guys feel that it's better to have a helmet and not need it than to not have a helmet when you need it?
Obviously the people who do feel that way wear one and the people who don't...don't.

Old 03-03-2009 | 10:19 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

In Kansas a holder of a valid Concealed Carry Permit can legally carry in banks, schools, church, and even bars, unless these establishments have a State approved "No Guns Allowed" sign posted....

"The requirements for “no concealed carry” signage also changed with the
passage of HB 2528. In order to bring charges of unlawful concealed
carry against a licensee, those properties previously enumerated under
K.S.A. 75-7c10 (schools, bars, churches, school & professional athletic
events, churches, etc.) must now be posted."

But in Kansas private citizens can also purchase fully automatic weapons, 'sub machine guns', sawed off rifles/shotguns, and even silencers for handguns or rifles.

Old 03-03-2009 | 01:16 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jambon1
Staying at home does not guarantee you will not need your gun. I've had trespassers on my property both in the city (Tampa, FL) and out in the country (Louisiana). I've had someone break into my house in Tampa on two occasions and break into my barn in Louisiana once that I know of.

By the way I carry and wear a helmet. What's the problem?
very interesting. why did you have that same person break into your house twice and then have them go all the way to louisiana and break into your barn? sorry i couldn't resist. i'm really big on semantics. when i see a person say they "had" something happen it means they caused it to happen. John had his arm broken, why did he do that? i am very sorry for your instances hopefully you were able to track them down and hurt them.

Old 03-03-2009 | 01:21 PM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior

In NJ the only ones permitted to carry are Cops and criminals, other than that you'd need an act of Congress. You can't even have a pistol grip on a shotgun for crying out loud.

On the road; God has my back. I can't ask for anything better.

Old 03-03-2009 | 01:23 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by huffhuff
very interesting. why did you have that same person break into your house twice and then have them go all the way to louisiana and break into your barn? sorry i couldn't resist. i'm really big on semantics. when i see a person say they "had" something happen it means they caused it to happen. John had his arm broken, why did he do that? i am very sorry for your instances hopefully you were able to track them down and hurt them.
How big? If you are on semantics, are you six foot eight and 300 pounds?

I'll have to try that. I've always wanted to be bigger.

Old 03-03-2009 | 02:36 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

I'll tell you what really scares me. It's people that try to impose their beliefs on me. Because they're the same people that vote for legislation that erodes my God given right to make free choices for myself. Do what you like to do. But don't expect others to follow your lead.

BTW, I carry, and wear a helmet 99% of the time I'm on a bike.

Quick Reply: Protective Gear or Firearm?