General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Jack

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009 | 03:12 PM
Romark
Road Master

The selling factor for me was the s-l-o-w method that the J&S can be used to set the bike back down. No surprising drop or fast movement. I love the hands free, worry free operation. That is why I paid the $400. I have seen/read horror stories and I want to stack the deck in my favor when I lift my baby off the ground.

But to each his own.

Mark

Old 02-28-2009 | 05:02 PM
DukeofEarl
Tourer

Originally Posted by Trock
http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/Pro-Lift.htm This one works good for me. The stops are completely different than most jacks. It weights about 90lb so it's heavy if that's problem. Free shipping too.
Not to say that there is anything wrong with the jack, but I thought it was interesting that there was an ad for replacement hydraulics right below the ad for the jack.

Old 02-28-2009 | 05:19 PM
scubadnv
Cruiser

I got mine fron Sears at about 70 bucks it works good, has safety stops, tie down straps, screw down stabilizers. For the money it is well worth it, but if you want to spend a little more (about 200) I think its called a bulldog and a friend has one and it is STRONG. Google"motorcycle jacks" and look for bulldog? I think, and they have a video demo that is pretty impressive.

Old 02-28-2009 | 05:23 PM
mlhampton13
Cruiser

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/Pro-Lift.htm This one works good for me. The stops are completely different than most jacks. It weights about 90lb so it's heavy if that's problem. Free shipping too.

I have this one. It works well on my '09 Ultra.

Old 02-28-2009 | 06:13 PM
tallboy56
Road Master

I have been looking at the Harbor Freight lift(which looks just like the Sears/Craftsman lift-Chinee). For my needs, which is just getting the wheels off the ground, I cannot see spending $400. If I were going to leave the bike on the lift for a long time or wanted to roll it around the garage a bunch then yeah, I would go ahead and get the J&S or Pit Bull. I only need to get the bike up to clean and do simple maintenance/inspection. If I was going to do a lot of shop work, I would get a lift table.

Old 02-28-2009 | 06:14 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DukeofEarl
Not to say that there is anything wrong with the jack, but I thought it was interesting that there was an ad for replacement hydraulics right below the ad for the jack.
I guess that's better than not able to get parts.

Old 02-28-2009 | 06:35 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

this is the one i bought and it works great...pretty heavy constructed

Old 02-28-2009 | 06:38 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member

I think this is our monthly jack thread...

Old 02-28-2009 | 06:54 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tomhummer
this is the one i bought and it works great...pretty heavy constructed
Heavy construction is right. But if you don't have to carry it heavy is good I do like to way the stop works. A whole lot better design. Nice bike

Old 02-28-2009 | 08:52 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Xuallus
http://www.jsjacks.com/

Why mess around? 20k bike and you want to lift it with a $50 piece of crap?
Official douche bag statement. Congrats.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Jack