General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Florida license plate law...email the rep who initiated the law

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:50 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhummer
wasn't going to take the chance of always being stopped...so I went with the side horizontal mount...never know when they might want to pull something just to harass you
good idea... that's what I'm gonna do too.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:56 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FL DEUCE
How is he gonna know you are from Oklahoma by your email?

Well, I guess maybe the reps in Oklahoma are smarter. Their sites to contact them on usually have a required address section so that they can be sure to filter out those that don't actually vote for them.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:08 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems to me Florida is still a state right? That said, some real smart people would have already started petitioning the government of Florida to abolish the law. Personally, I don't see that it is any easier to read the plate horizontal or vertical. Had it been upside down I could see the point.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:17 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by FL DEUCE
Do you actually think the people in his office are going to go through every email just to see where it originated?

They're not logging into a stand alone PC for Government work. Those systems are fully administrated and mail servers are almost the biggest priority. With issues now a days I can guarantee you they already have it implemented.

Sorry, and I know it sucks big time but anything you do on the net is monitored now. Especially with the Government.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:31 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
They're not logging into a stand alone PC for Government work. Those systems are fully administrated and mail servers are almost the biggest priority. With issues now a days I can guarantee you they already have it implemented.

Sorry, and I know it sucks big time but anything you do on the net is monitored now. Especially with the Government.
They sure are but this doesn't make them fool proof and they do get hacked into on a somewhat regular basis. The sender of the mail may not always appear to be sending the message from the same location either and it isn't because the sender is on the move with a laptop. They will show a different IP each time they hit the submit tab. The same would hold true for that person posting on a board like this if they were set up to do so. That said, the mod could spend all day trying to block the person posting and never even make a dent in that persons ability to continue on business as usual.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:35 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter
They sure are but this doesn't make them fool proof and they do get hacked into on a somewhat regular basis. The sender of the mail may not always appear to be sending the message from the same location either and it isn't because the sender is on the move with a laptop. They will show a different IP each time they hit the submit tab. The same would hold true for that person posting on a board like this if they were set up to do so. That said, the mod could spend all day trying to block the person posting and never even make a dent in that persons ability to continue on business as usual.
Generally on any administered mail server, email with multiple (bounced) ip's are the first to go. And plus I bet thats way out of the hands of people who are protesting a law.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:42 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by pontiac80
is there any state that lets u mount a vertical tag?

u can not do that BS in NJ it your tag isn't right u getting a ticket.
South Carolina and North Carolina.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:44 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
Generally on any administered mail server, email with multiple (bounced) ip's are the first to go. And plus I bet thats way out of the hands of people who are protesting a law.
I agree there are a limited few that will spend the money or go far enough to get a bounced or ghost application either on e-mail or their phones but the government systems are big on checking for system corruption more than anything else. The government internet servers are not tied into the main system either. At least where I work they're not.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:47 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

LET ME SAY THIS THO. Please by all means if you don't like the BS games they are playing with Florida's new Anti-Biker Law. Email them, especially if you go to Daytona or vacation with your bikes there.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:16 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,542 Likes on 5,081 Posts

I'm glad I will never have to worry about either one of these "laws". but what is the wrong with a verticle mounted license plate? Is it that hard to read when non-horizontal?

Quick Reply: The Florida license plate law...email the rep who initiated the law