General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you talk your wife into a new bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:48 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife rode on the back of the chopper and like it. Once she rode on the back of a Harley, she loved it and now likes riding as much as I do. You must keep in mind that I married an awesome gal who would do anything for me to make me happy as I would her.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:54 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

Didn't read all 6 pages. All I can say I have a good one, she rides also. I am lucky.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Didn't take me long at all.. Took awhile to kick her out of the house though.. Once she was gone, I had money again and no one to b!tch about it..

Old 02-24-2009, 06:41 PM
PnDegc
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple of thoughts -
Do Not talk her into it - better if it's her idea.

She is having all the negative thoughts - 1st thing I'd do is take her to a Bike Night - so she could see some of the fun you can have.
Have her go Sit on one with you. Do you have a "Biker Destination" near you? Go there and watch the bikes go by - and hope to hell a lot of them are couples! Don't bring home a bike - but maybe bring home a RENTAL - minimize risk.
A nurse is going to look at "Risk-Reward" - you will have to show her that the rewards far outweigh the risk - ABS, Always On headlights, you sit up High on an Ultra, NO drinking and riding, whatever it takes to show her that dammit you would have some Fun TOGETHER.

Pat

Old 02-24-2009, 06:41 PM
gary_montague
Road Captain

my wife wore second hand clothes and collected bottles until she could buy me one.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:48 PM
PnDegc
Road Master

Well Duh on me. I just looked at your location - You are in GOD'S Country for motorcycle riding! The Mecca of where to be if you are going to be on 2 wheels.
We are going to do the Dragon over Easter Weekend - If you ain't got it done by then we'll come see you and my wife and yours can do some Jaeger and my wife will have her to the Dark Side in no time.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:49 PM
mtnbikerx
Tourer

I've had second-hand bikes since I was a teen-ager. BSA 441, Suzuk GS500, Ducati 250, Yammy DT1, FJ1200, KLR650 and now an 09 SG.

Three weeks ago, during a blizzard, I decided to buy a new Harley. I called my wife on the cell and told her "I had lunch with a customer, stopped by the pharmacy and picked up the bracelet you forgot there and bought a Harley" -- she said "you didn't" I said "yup". Workin on getting her to ride with me now. She's cool with it.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Concrete Cowboy 2009
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PnDegc
Well Duh on me. I just looked at your location - You are in GOD'S Country for motorcycle riding! The Mecca of where to be if you are going to be on 2 wheels.
We are going to do the Dragon over Easter Weekend - If you ain't got it done by then we'll come see you and my wife and yours can do some Jaeger and my wife will have her to the Dark Side in no time.
Hey thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on that. I like your style!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM
PnDegc
Road Master

Ok I gots an idea - Stay with me on this - This is a pic of my wife on a $50,000.00 motorcycle. NOT hers, the guy was nice enough to let me get a pic - BUT what you do is show it to your wife and say "look hun, she is on a $50,000.00 motorcycle". "She looks really good on "hers". (shhhhh just a 'lil white lie) "And the one I want for US is only $19,000.00.

Dude, all this advice is gonna start costing you....................

[/IMG]

Old 02-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

A rental for a day might be your best bet. Just make sure you're able to ride it and handle it like a pro. No hot ******* with her on it either. Nice calm relaxing and not too long ride might change her mind. My wife actually told me we needed to go buy a new Harley a couple years ago. Went to the dealer together and picked out the color we both wanted. She and I rode together before marriage 35 years ago and now she's been taking me for a ride ever since.

Quick Reply: How did you talk your wife into a new bike?