General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you talk your wife into a new bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

My wife got tired of me bitching about my Sporty using a quart of oil every 500 miles so she said "Why don't you just go get a new one?" So I did

Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 PM
patter850
Road Master
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

No help here- she wanted one of her own too!

Old 02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
CTRoadKing
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Told my wife I think I am having a midlife crisis and was trying to decide between a Harley and a mistress... She said do whatever and that either way I would end up dead !!!........ I got the Harley

Old 02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I bought my first Harley I already had a small Honda. We had taken my Dad's sporty for a ride and after that she was sold on a Harley.
When I got the RK it was year after we got in an accident. She said she would feel safer on a bigger bike. And after riding my Dad's RK she liked the ride and room way more. Besides she said I deserved it because I never bought anything for myself.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by CTRoadKing
Told my wife I think I am having a midlife crisis and was trying to decide between a Harley and a mistress... She said do whatever and that either way I would end up dead !!!........ I got the Harley
Probably the cheaper of the two options and less hassle.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:49 PM
pirate49
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Told her i was going to buy a bike asked her if she wanted to ride with me or ride her own she chose her own so off we went

Old 02-24-2009, 02:52 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was pretty easy. After I wrecked my Panhead I promised my wife I would not buy another until my youngest was in college. The week she was accepted I went and bought the Ultra. Of course I did give her a song and dance about gas prices ( then almost $5.00 a gallon ). But the bottom line she knew it was coming and was ready for it.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Tom Ricci
Tourer

Originally Posted by jokerx
My wife knew when we got married that bikes were nonnegotiable and never had to talk her into anything...we even dated on a scoot, I didn't have a car.
Same here, my wife wouldn't even BE my wife if she wasn't into riding as much as I am. Take 'em on dates on your bike, if they don't enjoy it send 'em packing! I'm lucky that she's a natural passenger too, hardly even know she's there, never fights or squirms in the turns.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:57 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Told her I wanted to ride again & she wanted no part of it. When she knew I was serious she told me to make sure I increased my life insurance. One day I came home with the bill of sale & she just shook her head. Then the bike came home & she took a ride on the back down the street & back but didn't say much. Next day I was on the way home from a round of golf & she said lets go to Garrison for some eats, about a 20 mile ride. "Sure babe, I'm taking a ride with John (daughters boyfriend) for an hour & then we'll park the bikes & head up in the car together." She said "I mean on the Harley" She's been on ever since & we bought a second bike last year.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:01 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was able to get mine in trade for giving her a second child. No lie. I would have caved and given it to her anyway but I wasn't going to let her know that.

Quick Reply: How did you talk your wife into a new bike?