General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of the Element Bluetooth Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:55 AM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The Element SC-1 is another option.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...th-Helmet.aspx

Old 05-21-2010, 12:53 PM
el campito
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default element

awsome helmet

look, listening to your music at 65mph is awsome, it si no the best sound but it is stereo, beside that you can do the other staf, your not talking in the phone all the time eather talking to your partner but you can do it any time you want.

the other day we did a trip to the mountains and it stay on all day in stan bay, we did lile 6 hrs riding, listening to music and talking to each other, not a problem

very fun

ps remember to charge it

hope this help

Old 05-25-2010, 11:08 AM
HarleyGirl76
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Thornhammer
Heck, the iPhone doesn't support the A2DP Bluetooth profile. To get stereo Bluetooth from an iPhone you have to plug in a special adapter (which of course helps drain the battery faster).

Stereo Bluetooth DOES work quite nicely from the iPhone once you get that adapter plugged in. If you don't have the BT adapter, you can only get mono sound from the iPhone in Bluetooth mode (and even then, you have to trick the thing before it will play music through Bluetooth - Apple deliberately broke the Bluetooth stack because of battery drain issues). I bought a little pair of Bluetooth headphones and went through this whole rigamarole before I bought the adapter, after that it was very smooth.
Just an FYI, the i-Phone 3G/3Gs supports A2DP out of the box, still wondering if the helmet does though?

"iPhone and iPod Touch: All iPhones support HFP and PBAP. Version 3.0 of the operating system added support of A2DP, limited AVRCP and PAN for iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod Touch 2nd/3rd generation only.[4] Original iPhone (iPhone 2G) bluetooth chip can provide A2DP as well, but Apple decided not to enable it. However, A2DP can be enabled in a jailbroken iPhone 2G by a special utility"

Thanks a lot for the review of the helmet.

Lisa

Old 05-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Viking66
Cruiser

I just got the SC-1 version today.

First off let me say the helmet is well made. I ordered the Large, and my knoggin is at the low end of their scale for large. I can feel it on my forehead pretty good. not enough to cause a headache, but it may need a little hammer adjusting.

It was easy to get connected to my iphone. I use the ipod feature, not really interested in phone calls with it.

I used it right out of the box with no charge, just what was on the battery so the following may be a result of that; It would lag/delay some, for like a half second here or there while playing music. This happened with the ipod feature, and the iheartradio app. It is fully charged now, so I will know if it is a defect tomorrow.

The finish on the helmet is nice with the exception of the stickers. They were put on prior to clear coating, so they are there to stay. One would have to find some stickers to put over them or re-finish the helmet.

My friend said I looked like Speed Racer, but who cares....I have some tunes for riding.

Overall pretty happy with it from my very limited use.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:57 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
I'll add my review, having only seen it in these pictures:
1. It's a helmet
2. It's a full face helmet
3. It lets you talk on your cell phone while riding your motorcycle
4. You have to pay $299 to wear a full face helmet and talk on your cell phone while riding
5. I'd rather stay home and wash dishes than either talk on a cell phone OR wear a full face helmet while riding.

Final Review: This helmet is great because it has already saved me $299.

My feelings exactly...

God help us...

Old 05-27-2010, 09:23 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I picked up one of the element helmets last week ... found it for $249 locally. I was in need of another helmet, and was getting tired of my earbuds digging into my ears when I rode. After a full charge, the music sounds great. Not the quality of high end earbuds, but perfectly acceptable for the ride and comfortable. I tried the phone, and it worked, but not my thing. I have an older iPhone, so I don't have voice commands. I probably will ignore the phone while riding. The music did mute when a call came in, and started up again when I disconnected, so it did work as designed. Just nice to have the music while I ride.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Viking66
Cruiser

Tried the helmet with a full charge on my way to work this morning using the ipod feature. Was kind of weird, but it did cut out, but only if I turned my head to the left.

I am going to look through the wiring and make sure everything is pulgged in real good.

The sound is good, and no worry about ear buds falling out. I also found that I like riding with the visor up, and glasses on. I also noticed a lot less buffeting than my Harley half helmet.

I have no interest in the phone features, so with the visor up air will go through the mic, but I don't care, you can't hear it (air flowing) while music/radio is playing.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:28 AM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the review. I almost bought this helmet, but couldn't find any solid reviews on it. I ended up with a shoei and just put some 20.00 helmet speakers in there. Sounds like the sound quality is better on the element though.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Lord_Rahl
Tourer

i like the helmet because i am a person who must carry a phone for work and i generally cannot hear my phone ring or i dont nitice it when riding. these type helmets help me hear it ringing