General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of the Element Bluetooth Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:20 PM
pvanwagner
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amplifier

An amplifier is for a wired not a Bluetooth helmet, but I do know that Radio Shack has an amplifier for about $25 that I use. It's about 1"x1"x3" and plugs right into an IPOD. You then plug your headphones into. I use a Midway Family Radio helmet kit that I picked up for about $30 and it works fine (mono only) with my IPOD and this amplifier.

I'm thinking about picking up the V Tune Bluetooth helmet to eliminate the wires though.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:05 PM
karlkcfi
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I listen to my ipod when on trips as well. This helmet might be the answer if.......

Old 10-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Thank God my job only requires I have a cell phone for now. I put it in my pocket when I ride. If it rings (vibrate mode), I pull over and call the person back...or not

Old 10-02-2009, 02:25 AM
glenalt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Thornhammer
Heck, the iPhone doesn't support the A2DP Bluetooth profile. To get stereo Bluetooth from an iPhone you have to plug in a special adapter (which of course helps drain the battery faster).

Stereo Bluetooth DOES work quite nicely from the iPhone once you get that adapter plugged in. If you don't have the BT adapter, you can only get mono sound from the iPhone in Bluetooth mode (and even then, you have to trick the thing before it will play music through Bluetooth - Apple deliberately broke the Bluetooth stack because of battery drain issues). I bought a little pair of Bluetooth headphones and went through this whole rigamarole before I bought the adapter, after that it was very smooth.

As for the helmet, I'd be pleasantly surprised if it had stereo capabilities. Most Bluetooth headsets just come with the one earpiece.

I like the sound of the helmet. Intercom = good.

If you download the update for you Iphone you can get stereo bluetooth. I've done it and my s9's work great.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
el campito
Cruiser

OMG

WHAT A FUN HELMET

COOL LOOKS, MUSIC, PHONE, NEXTEL AND INTERCOM ALL IN THE HELMET = FUN

EVERYTHING 60 MPH

BEEN ABLE TO TALKTO YOUR FRIEND,WHILE RIDING PURE FUN

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE HELMET

CUIDENSE

Old 05-19-2010, 08:56 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I've looked at this helmet, and have found it locally for $249. Is it really worth it? I like to listen to music when I ride, but those damn earbuds hurt my ears in the helmet. Not sure how much I'd use the phone, but it might be nice to have the option. I've been checking reviews, and they're pretty good, but my bike is pretty loud (Vance & Hines Pro Pipe), so wonder if it will work okay.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:32 PM
black dogz
Cruiser

Hmmm... how's the sound quality? Not too interested in using it with my cell phone - I'd pair it with my iPod Touch for road tunes!

Old 05-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Border Cop
Cruiser

I do the same every ride with the Scala Rider Q2. Has a longer talk time, and I've used it with another rider up to 1/2 mile away. The ipod is wired to the headset in full stereo unless you buy the BT adapter. Plus you can add it any helmet (full face works best of course)

Old 05-20-2010, 06:07 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll add my review, having only seen it in these pictures:
1. It's a helmet
2. It's a full face helmet
3. It lets you talk on your cell phone while riding your motorcycle
4. You have to pay $299 to wear a full face helmet and talk on your cell phone while riding
5. I'd rather stay home and wash dishes than either talk on a cell phone OR wear a full face helmet while riding.

Final Review: This helmet is great because it has already saved me $299.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:55 AM
black dogz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Border Cop
I do the same every ride with the Scala Rider Q2. Has a longer talk time, and I've used it with another rider up to 1/2 mile away. The ipod is wired to the headset in full stereo unless you buy the BT adapter. Plus you can add it any helmet (full face works best of course)
Does the helmet not support A2DP? My iPod Touch 3G does.

Quick Reply: Review of the Element Bluetooth Helmet