General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been asked to prospect,what do I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:57 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,518 Likes on 8,456 Posts

Originally Posted by reverend66
OK maybe I shoulda put this another way,guy with colors sitting across from me drinking a beer asks,"hey bro,you ever thought of prospect in the club"?I say Man,not really till now", He says "well kick it around a little". Am I being asked or what,I don't bull****,these guys are hush about their buisness,they ain't gonna go into a long explanation with me until I commit.hell,maybe I oughta just steer clear from them,you guys act real spooked,maybe i should be too.
That's why you prospect. See if they want you, and you want them. It's really pretty simple.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:57 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK maybe I shoulda put this another way,guy with colors sitting across from me drinking a beer asks,"hey bro,you ever thought of prospect in the club"?I say Man,not really till now", He says "well kick it around a little". Am I being asked or what,I don't bull****,these guys are hush about their buisness,they ain't gonna go into a long explanation with me until I commit.hell,maybe I oughta just steer clear from them,you guys act real spooked,maybe i should be too.
At face value these folks may appear to be great but before I would commit to anything I would be doing my own back side research. If things check out and they have no history it comes back to your choice. Club business is club business and very silent even to a prospect. Another thing that comes to mind is once you are in, what does it take to get out?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 PM
reverend66
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been going to this bar for years,known em' for a while,just never in this light.I'm gonna let this go,wrong place to ask a simple question I guess.Sounds like I'm on a HOG forum.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 PM
sbergloff
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ko4qc
Probably EVERYONE that watched the prog about the PAGANS on TV the other night...and it sounds like something a bunch of 5th graders would do when their asses are called to the Principals office...:>)...and,as far as I can recall,it has nothing to do with being a bitch...ummm,I mean prospect....sounds like a load of **** to me anyways...:>)
Lol, I saw that episode of Gangland too the other night with the Pagans. I guess a lot of us saw it.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:02 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm...YOU get asked to Prospect....then you go home and get on a forum and seek the advise of a bunch of strangers...I vote for BULL ****!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:04 PM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

What does your wife or girlfriend think about this?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 PM
reverend66
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ko4qc
Hmmm...YOU get asked to Prospect....then you go home and get on a forum and seek the advise of a bunch of strangers...I vote for BULL ****!

LOL! You big *****!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 PM
sbergloff
Road Captain

Been going to this bar for years,known em' for a while,just never in this light.I'm gonna let this go,wrong place to ask a simple question I guess.Sounds like I'm on a HOG forum.
I don't know about these things, but I would definitely agree you are in the wrong place to ask about whether you should prospect for a 1% MC. That seems like a very big (life-changing) personal decision, and not something that you would want to ask advice for on an anonymous Internet forum that you just joined. We don't know anything about you and you don't know anything about us.

If I were in that situation, I would not do it unless I was absolutely sure that is what I wanted to do. It's not necessarily a bad idea to join, but from what little I know, it is a very serious commitment.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:21 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

LOL! You big *****!
LOL..you ****ing moron..whats your point BOY?.:>)

Old 02-17-2009, 11:28 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cowboy1
Look no self respecting club is gonna ask a stranger to Prospect without having him around for a while as a supporter then another year or so as a hang around so either you are full of sh&t or they were just f*&king with ya. Buy a HOG membership...
You hit the nail on the head right there. I've been down this road, he was probably just feeling you out, normally they will ask you to come to an open event like a party, or open run, whatever, gives them a chance to check you out , and you them, if you show interest and look like a "fit", then you yourself are supposed to ask to become a hang around, after a certain period, you'll have to prove your desire to ride with the club ect. You will be given the chance to prospect in. If you have a good job and it requires a lot of your time... forget it. The club will run your *** hard, no sleep, you are basically on call 24/7 they push you and push you some more. ect. I am not gonna go into any more detail than that. but expect to do a lot of work for that patch.

Your main question is there a crimial element to 1% clubs,, sure.... are all of them criminals, no. That said, you put on that patch, you're gonna get an eye on you just from that alone. Expect to get stopped at any time, searched, Pics taken of you. ect.

You find a good group of bikers that like to ride, you will put more miles on that bike, have less trouble in your life. You can also go where you want when you want.. not so with a 1% club.

Does that answer your question? (one which I would not want a prospective sponsor to know I posted ).

Quick Reply: Been asked to prospect,what do I expect?