Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been asked to prospect,what do I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strange how so many make fun of patch holders here but when they see one on the street they freeze up with fear, won't look at them in the eye and wait for them to go by only to stare at the rocker with a boyish man crush like little girls looking at Fonzie back in the 70's... Then you go back to the local HD dealer with your HOG patch on, walk around like a freshman when the upper classman are away...Maybe HOG members can start wearing 10% patches or TCB patches which should actually mean (insert funny acronym here) rather than what is really means.

Last edited by cowboy1; 02-19-2009 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spell check/adding a funny comment
Old 02-19-2009, 08:50 AM
reverend66
Intermediate

Boy,you guys are something else! The MC is was talking about stands for "Mining Company" and I'll be Prospecting for gold.You guys can sure take shyt and mess it up!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:15 AM
sparky1
Road Captain

Ask your sponsor or the guy that asked you to prospect for the club.Don't ask on this forum unless its H.O.G. that your asking about.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:21 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i cant believe how screwed up the world can get by watching tv. 1% dates way back about a comment the AMA made when to belong to an MC you all had to wear cute little uniforms and get trophy's for the best dressed club...some thought this was hooey and did their own thing....the AMA said they were the 1% that messed it up for them....
outlaw bikers were bikers that didnt belong or were sanctioned by the AMA...
times have changed and so has everything else.
i belong to an M/C and wouldnt have it any other way....
I have seen law enforcement and firemen, fathers and husbands put on a vest and go out with the boys and behave like total dip wads....getting asked to leave bars, restaurants and poker runs, speeding, running red lights and being obscene and being drunk with a concealed firearm...they're the good guys???
if you really love the biker lifestyle and its not something you put on and take off on saturday evening then i would say you would really enjoy belonging to an MC.
if you are the CEO of a multinational bank or a guy that just got released and making below minimum wage you can find a brotherhood of guys that will stick with you through every thing....
i would hate to think of what the law would have mandated us to be riding and wearing for protection and when and where we could eat and drink if it was not for Motorcycle Clubs fighting for rights of bikers and spending their money from dues collected from members. on the other hand you have thousands of free loading RUB's watching the history channel and putting on their fresh vests that have contributed nada talking crapola about all the "facts about motorcycle clubs" and riding on our dime....
"legalize freedom"

Old 02-19-2009, 09:26 AM
reverend66
Intermediate

Originally Posted by orangevette
i cant believe how screwed up the world can get by watching tv. 1% dates way back about a comment the AMA made when to belong to an MC you all had to wear cute little uniforms and get trophy's for the best dressed club...some thought this was hooey and did their own thing....the AMA said they were the 1% that messed it up for them....
times have changed and so has everything else.
i belong to an M/C and wouldnt have it any other way....
I have seen law enforcement and firemen, fathers and husbands put on a vest and go out with the boys and behave like total dip wads....getting asked to leave bars, restaurants and poker runs, speeding, running red lights and being obscene and being drunk with a concealed firearm...they're the good guys???
if you really love the biker lifestyle and its not something you put on and take off on saturday evening then i would say you would really enjoy belonging to an MC.
if you are the CEO of a multinational bank or a guy that just got released and making below minimum wage you can find a brotherhood of guys that will stick with you through every thing....
i would hate to think of what the law would have mandated us to be riding and wearing for protection and when and where we could eat and drink if it was not for Motorcycle Clubs fighting for rights of bikers and spending their money from dues collected from members. on the other hand you have thousands of free loading RUB's watching the history channel and putting on their fresh vests that have contributed nada talking crapola about all the "facts about motorcycle clubs" and riding on our dime....
"legalize freedom"

Amen brother,finally a stand up mother****er on this forum!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:49 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,058 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by reverend66
Amen brother,finally a stand up mother****er on this forum!

Geeezzzzzz.... That sounds Like .. THE-END

Old 02-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by orangevette

i would hate to think of what the law would have mandated us to be riding and wearing for protection and when and where we could eat and drink if it was not for Motorcycle Clubs fighting for rights of bikers and spending their money from dues collected from members. ...... and riding on our dime....
"legalize freedom"
I
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I have been completely unaware that MC organizations have been spending some of their members dues monies in the fight for rights of bikers. I had thought it was just the AMA that did that.
I thanked a neighbor of mine, who was a patched HA near Fontana, Calif a few years back. He just chuckled and said that at least I finally ride a Harley instead of the Jap crap he said I rode for years.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 344 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestRider
Just join a street gang. They just beat the crap out of you for a minute or two and then you are in. A couple minute beat down is better then a year of being on your knees for a mc.

What are you looking to get out of this? Respect? Chicks?
Street gangs are filled by impoverished youths who having nothing to lose and everything to gain by kicking your a$$ and taking your s**t. From what I hear, a few of them require you to actually kill someone before you're made. Not for me...

Old 02-19-2009, 11:20 AM
cdale976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your being asked to prospect I would suspect you have been around the club or at least members of it and should know pretty much what their gig is

Old 02-19-2009, 11:27 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry but the AMA could care less if your favorite water hole decided to put up a sign that said no colors worn here, or not bikers , or no bike parking....or what's happened to myrtle beach recently.

Quick Reply: Been asked to prospect,what do I expect?