General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

metro detriot area riders interested in a new club

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:43 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
The main thing is to follow the proper protocol, which includes meeting beforehand with the local Harley Owner Groups in the area, telling them a little about yourselves, and getting their 'blessing' to establish a new MC.

Some of those HOG gang chapters are pretty territorial, and you sure don't want to get on their bad side.
This is so wrong. HOG, "Harley Owners Group" is just that, a group of owners and family members who have joined a local and possibly national organization that is supported by the dealer of that chapter as well as Harley-Davidson itself. These chapters are not gangs nor are they territorial at all accept to say each dealer is very likely to have one. A national member can be a part of and ride with the local chapter without being a member. You need not prospect and the only thing you may have fear of being illegal might be parking from time to time. These folks could care less if you are planning on starting a motorcycle club in their area because they are not a club. They are however an organization.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:44 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I watched a group of HOG members beat up an old lady once and kick over her grocery cart. Was a sad sight

Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 AM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter
This is so wrong. HOG, "Harley Owners Group" is just that, a group of owners and family members who have joined a local and possibly national organization that is supported by the dealer of that chapter as well as Harley-Davidson itself. These chapters are not gangs nor are they territorial at all accept to say each dealer is very likely to have one. A national member can be a part of and ride with the local chapter without being a member. You need not prospect and the only thing you may have fear of being illegal might be parking from time to time. These folks could care less if you are planning on starting a motorcycle club in their area because they are not a club. They are however an organization.
You did see that his statement was a joke right

Old 03-28-2009, 12:23 PM
David The Hutt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok. time for me to post my opinion on "doing things right" and "getting permission" to be a club.

i think its a joke that you would ask permission from anyone to start your own club. even if you are a 1%er. thats like saying "hey, can i have permission to be strong". its weak.

do your thing. deal with the ramifications if someone wants to give you grief. no 1% club wants or needs the problem of starting a war with 10 guys who want to start their own club. with RICO putting guys in jail forever, no one wants to give the feds a reason to start lockign guys up for dumb sh**.

now if your club grows to 100 members and you start doing things that step on toes you MIGHT get tested or a forced patch over. but no one is going to start anything with a 99% riders club. its not worth the ramifications for a large, organized 1% club.

start your club man. enjoy it. no one is going to say jack unless you are pulling 1% crap. and if you are 1% type of guy, then you should be strong enough to to say "FTW Deal with me"

Old 03-28-2009, 02:56 PM
WVRoughrider
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in response to David the Hutt. If you are bad enough you might start your own MC club.but having a few friends in the grave from some territoral wars and people get killed over a support shirt sometimes I would give it a lot of thought.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:07 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
Seems to me there was a companion thread to this one, and he had given up the idea.
This is an early Feb thread, yanno

Damn. Over a month old.
So he's still alive then?..lol

Old 03-28-2009, 03:13 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
Damn. Over a month old.
So he's still alive then?..lol
dunno......
he never did post anything else

Old 03-28-2009, 04:25 PM
GEARJAMMER06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David The Hutt
ok. time for me to post my opinion on "doing things right" and "getting permission" to be a club.
PHP Code:

i think its a joke that you would ask permission from anyone to start your own club
even if you are a 1%erthats like saying "hey, can i have permission to be strong"its weak
do your thing. deal with the ramifications if someone wants to give you grief. no 1% club wants or needs the problem of starting a war with 10 guys who want to start their own club. with RICO putting guys in jail forever, no one wants to give the feds a reason to start lockign guys up for dumb sh**.

now if your club grows to 100 members and you start doing things that step on toes you MIGHT get tested or a forced patch over. but no one is going to start anything with a 99% riders club. its not worth the ramifications for a large, organized 1% club.

start your club man. enjoy it. no one is going to say jack unless you are pulling 1% crap. and if you are 1% type of guy, then you should be strong enough to to say "FTW Deal with me"
yea for some this is true....no hard feelongs towards the guy that initially started this thred but i can tell he is young and most definately not familiar with any sort of "ramifications" he may or may not come across by doing this.it's only my opinion but i simply think it would be better left alone.but to each his own...if your feelin froggy my friend by all means LEAP!

Old 03-28-2009, 06:15 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
dunno......
he never did post anything else
Trolling. Probably a Fed.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:33 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtyharryfxrt
Welcome from the "D", yeah read up on the m/c rules website. Detroit has some bad "****" club that you would not want trouble from.
Thanks for dredging this up from the past Anybody want to discuss the merits of countersteering?

Quick Reply: metro detriot area riders interested in a new club