General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

metro detriot area riders interested in a new club

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:55 PM
forbidden skulls mc
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good point every one im not looking to be a 1% club i just wanted to start a group i guess i dont wanna start a bunch of **** with other clubs or anything i just wanna be apart of something i have started you know i didnt realize the mc changed evrything but i guess i need to go back and make it more group orianted you know thanks 4 the input seriously

Old 02-17-2009, 09:01 PM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry, but I forgot to welcome you to the forum also.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Grind
Road Master

I'm not in a motorcycle club, nor do I know any more than I've read here: M/C educational information

Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Grind
Road Master

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might also want to check with your local confederation of clubs to see what there rules are and to meet some of the other clubs.

Also just because you have mc in you club doesnt mean you 1%

Old 02-17-2009, 10:03 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by Grind
I'm not in a motorcycle club, nor do I know any more than I've read here: M/C educational information
I'm in a 3-piece patch traditional motorcycle club, though not a 1% or outlaw club. But that link above is the best education you'll get short of living through it the hard way. Starting an MC is hard work, and without following the accepted protocols, you will get shut down. Even doing things the "right" way is no guarantee of success, let alone acceptance.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:11 PM
MidwestRider
Road Master

Good luck man. I think the rules for wanting to start up a club should not be handed out by the thugs that ride and think they own the roads! It is not like that at all in the sport bike scene and should not be that way when it comes to riding an HD.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,465 Likes on 8,443 Posts

Here's a little info for ya.
The AMA American Motorcyclist Association A 290000-member-plus
organization with an unparalleled history of pursuing, protecting and promoting the
interests of American motorcyclists, was founded in 1924 as an organizing arm of
Motorcycle Manufacturers and mainly supported by theMotorcycle Manufacturers
to promote motorcycle riding in America. They sanctioned groups of riders from
the same area that rode together as motorcycle “clubs”. Some wore complete
matching dress outfits with the name of their motorcycle club stitched on the back
of their shirts and jackets. At events, the AMA gave awards for the best-dressed
club so this was the start of motorcycle club’s patches.
During an event in 1947 in Hollister, CA when a member of the Booze Fighters
Motorcycle Club made the headlines with an exaggerated news story that was later
made into a movie called "The Wild Ones".
The AMA wrote an article in their magazine, shortly after this stating, “99%of all
of their members are law-abiding citizens and only 1%are “outlaw””. This then,
began what is today known as Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs and one percenters. Clubs
that were not sanctioned by the AMA and non-members of the AMA were banned
from attending AMA events.
In order to designate themselves as an outlaw club to all other clubs, the one
percenters cut their club patches into three separate pieces. The top rocker was the
name of the club, the center was the emblem of the club, and the bottom rocker was
the local from which they came. These outlaw motorcycle clubs put on their own
events and parties and did the opposite of what the AMA had been doing. There
were no Best Dressed awards, they “chopped” down their bikes to go faster and look
different, rode with no mufflers, they would drink, and do other “wild” things. Such
is history.
The term “colors” is used in referring to a motorcycle clubs’ patch set up. In the
case of a 3 piece ..... One is placed over the top of the middle large graphic patch and
one placed underneath it. The “rockers” are usually curved bars with the top bar
designating the club name and the lower bar designating the location of the club.
The two rockers are separate from the middle, larger graphic type patch, hence the
term three-piece patch. Motorcycle clubs differ from motorcycling organizations as
they traditionally have “prospecting” time required before the club members decide
whether the individual will be accepted into the group and allowed to wear or “fly”
the “colors” of the group. Most club “colors” will also have M/C printed on the
“rocker” or a seperate "cube" patch with MC on it to further clarify it as a club
rather than an organization.
Many national organizations in the early 1980’s set policy to unite their “rockers”
with their patch to make it one piece to avoid any designation or confusion within
the motorcycling club community. H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) and the Blue
Knights (police officers) are an example.
As motorcycle club patches are recognized today:
• A one-piece patch normally signifies a family club or Social motorcycle club when
it's done with respect to the area clubs.
• A two-piece patch can have many different meanings as long as it's done with
respect to the area clubs.
• A three-piece patch normally means that the club is a Traditional MC club. With
the top rocker being the club name, the middle being their patch and the bottom
being the territory they exist in. There are also a few 3pc patch clubs where the
bottom rocker has something other than territory, such as a saying. The traditional
MC is one that adheres to the protocols and traditions established. There are few
exceptions, but, traditional clubs are approved by the local dominant. The
traditional 3pc patch club is not necessarily a 1%club or even the dominant club.
SUPPORT CLUB
The Diamond patch with "1%" or "13" worn with the 3pc back patch signifies the
club is a 1%or 1%support club.
While rare, they may not be the dominant club for the area but will be sanctioned
by the local dominant. There are also a few areas where the domiant is not a 1%
club, but those are few.
PROSPECT
When one is just is hanging around, he has no part of the patch. Then when he is
sponsored by a full member and approved by the club as a prospect he may wear
the lower rocker that only says "Prospect". In some areas, the prospect wears the
"Prospect" rocker at the top of the vest. Some clubs even allow the lower rocker
saying prospect and the upper rocker with the club name but not the main patch.
Different clubs do things differently across the country. Different rocker
combinations of what a prospect might wear differs depending on each club.
If he is approved after his prospect time has been determined to be over and the
vote goes in his favor, he then is allowed to have the full colors and is considered to
be a full member, having all three pieces if that club uses the 3 piece patch.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 AM
dirtyharryfxrt
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome from the "D", yeah read up on the m/c rules website. Detroit has some bad "****" club that you would not want trouble from.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:14 AM
captain m
Road Master

Originally Posted by forbidden skulls mc
my name is dustin im the president of the forrbidden skulls mc myself and another good friend of mine founded this club in hope to create a large membership with people that share the same love of ridding that we do we are not trying to be better than any club nor compare ourselves to anyone else we do not have any monthly dues or fee s we have a myspace that is currently under construction if you are interested feel free to check out our myspace or email us at forbiddenskullsmc08@ yahoo.com or at the myspace
http://www.myspace.com/forbiddenskullsmc as the season comes closer we should have some meets and events planned
This has got to be a joke,right????You're not serious,are you???

Quick Reply: metro detriot area riders interested in a new club