Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breathable rain suit

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:40 PM
deni
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I couldn't remember the brand of rainsuits we use. After I finished my ride today I looked & the name is Jafrum. I got them from my pal who sells them here @ his leather shop. We use two piece suits. They're not Gortex but look at the pricing on this website. Also we tried Frogtoggs. I got tired of them melting on wife's softail exhaust.

One thing about these suits. The arms are cut pretty long. I actually downsized one size but I had the advantage of trying them on.
Also, these suits are roomy enough for your leathers underneath. The legs have zippers & velcro (missing in FToggs) for your boots..

http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Gear/Rain-Gear_2

Attached Thumbnails Breathable rain suit-cimg3118.jpg   Breathable rain suit-cimg3119.jpg  

Last edited by deni; 02-15-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
bowa18
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deni
I couldn't remember the brand of rainsuits we use. After I finished my ride today I looked & the name is Jafrum. I got them from my pal who sells them here @ his leather shop. We use two piece suits. They're not Gortex but look at the pricing on this website. Also we tried Frogtoggs. I got tired of them melting on wife's softail exhaust.

One thing about these suits. The arms are cut pretty long. I actually downsized one size but I had the advantage of trying them on.
Also, these suits are roomy enough for your leathers underneath. The legs have zippers & velcro (missing in FToggs) for your boots..

http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Gear/Rain-Gear_2
Thanks for the link. I was looking at these exact suits but on another website ($45 each). $29.95 on your pals site. For that cheap I ordered a set for me and one for the old lady. Sounds like nice features in both the pants and jacket. No mention of how breathable they are but they're so cheap I'll poke holes in them if they're too hot Thanks again for the link, I should see them Wed/Thurs. Although I won't be needing them for awhile....we have snow forecast for this week. I need spring to get here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone for all the replies, Larry

Old 02-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Stryke1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One other quick idea, have you thought about a magnetic tank bag for packing extra stuff?

Old 02-16-2009, 08:10 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,266 Likes on 1,310 Posts

I have the Tourmaster Sentinel rain jacket and matching overpants. They are very lightweight, breathable, and pack down very small. The jacket has a built in pouch that it packs into. I leave them in the saddlebags all summer.