Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breathable rain suit

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:18 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may not care for Frog Toggs for what ever reason but so far they are the best I have found to do what you are looking for.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 AM
bowa18
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by txbazzman
What is your issue with Frog toggs?
They're not what I'm looking for. I looked at them and didn't like how loose fitting they were and the material looked like it wouldn't hold up. They're definitely not for me. Larry

Old 02-15-2009, 09:48 AM
txbazzman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use them and have not had a problem with them. May want to look at the 100mph suits

Old 02-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 661 Likes on 411 Posts

when I take road trips, I wear a Joe Rocket textile coat and overpants. Both pieces are waterproof. The coat has a removable fleece liner. I wear shorts under the pants on hot days. Wearing the suit frees up lots of space in my saddlebags.

For day trips on hot days, I carry a Frog Tog suit.

Last edited by Geoff; 02-15-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:51 AM
FLHX08
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moondog99
You may not care for Frog Toggs for what ever reason but so far they are the best I have found to do what you are looking for.
I thought the frogg toggs were too light as well but they do the trick in keeping you dry and breathable.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
hdbe
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the goretex suites are the best!!! How much C#^P are you taking?!!? Last year the gf and i took a 7 day trip on a UC and did not even use the luggage rack until the last day back because of all the t-shirts we purchased during the trip. When we did use the rack we did not use "special" luggage, we just took a dry bag with us and bungied it to the rack. we had clothing, 2 sets shoes, leather chaps & jackets, 2 goretex rain suites, cameras, phones, maps, and all her personal stuff like curling iron, makeup, etc. We are both small framed people and I'm sure that makes a difference, but if packed well, you can get a lot of stuff on that bike.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:41 PM
bowa18
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hdbe
the goretex suites are the best!!! How much C#^P are you taking?!!? Last year the gf and i took a 7 day trip on a UC and did not even use the luggage rack until the last day back because of all the t-shirts we purchased during the trip. When we did use the rack we did not use "special" luggage, we just took a dry bag with us and bungied it to the rack. we had clothing, 2 sets shoes, leather chaps & jackets, 2 goretex rain suites, cameras, phones, maps, and all her personal stuff like curling iron, makeup, etc. We are both small framed people and I'm sure that makes a difference, but if packed well, you can get a lot of stuff on that bike.
I don't know how you did that . Our leathers alone will eat up one saddlebag. You must wear them all the time? If it's nice out the jackets are off and put away. The chaps are only used in cold weather so we not bringing them. I wear size 13 shoes, I'll wear my boots but bring a pair of sneakers so they take up room.... you get the idea. We'll fit everything we need in the bags, trunk and on the rack... the rainsuits we have just take up way too much room to bring along "just in case". Honestly I wish I wouldn't have bought the Overpass suits, they're nice but way too bulky! I'd love to be able to stuff the rainsuits in the glove boxes on the lowers, I don't use that space for anything anyway. Don't know if I'll find some that small though. I'm sure we're taking too much crap but that's the way it is

Last edited by bowa18; 02-15-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:33 PM
sniperduce
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you have ruled them out but uur Frogg Toggs go with us where ever we go. They are light weight and fit easy their roll up bags in 1 side bag. We have the HD deluxe TP rack and Dakota T-Bag which can't be beat when we need the extra room. Good luck.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:43 PM
hdbe
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHAH well that explains it..i only wear a size 8 shoe and she only weighs 85 pounds...i think 1 pair of my jeans would make 2 pairs of hers....our trip was in September and for the first 2 days we were in t-shirts and jeans....the remaining days it was leather weather in the 50's and 60's.

Originally Posted by bowa18
I don't know how you did that . Our leathers alone will eat up one saddlebag. You must wear them all the time? If it's nice out the jackets are off and put away. The chaps are only used in cold weather so we not bringing them. I wear size 13 shoes, I'll wear my boots but bring a pair of sneakers so they take up room.... you get the idea. We'll fit everything we need in the bags, trunk and on the rack... the rainsuits we have just take up way too much room to bring along "just in case". Honestly I wish I wouldn't have bought the Overpass suits, they're nice but way too bulky! I'd love to be able to stuff the rainsuits in the glove boxes on the lowers, I don't use that space for anything anyway. Don't know if I'll find some that small though. I'm sure we're taking too much crap but that's the way it is

Old 02-15-2009, 03:24 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you given thought to your other clothing instead of the rain suit. The moisture wicking clothing like Under Armor and many of the athletic clothing packs much smaller and lighter and will save a ton of space compared to your regular T-shirts.

Quick Reply: Breathable rain suit