Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't believe what this seller did to me - Anything like this ever happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 07:06 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,240 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Originally Posted by jagator
I guess I have a little different take on this. The guy was offered 700 buck's more than you offered. I agree he should have called you and let you know what was going on, and even give you a chance to counter the offer. So I agree he could have handled it better, but hay man that is what capitalism is all about.
But it ain't what being an Man is all about!! That dude is a POS and deserves whatever grief he is going through. Could have at least called you and let you know what was up.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

verbal contracts ARE binding.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:07 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, unfortunately that's how many people are these days. Truth be told, although the guys a douchebag for what he did, he probably saved you a ton of headaches. Look for a newer used model in good running condition and enjoy riding it first. Then tear it apart and make it yours. Good luck.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:11 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was raised your are what you do and people see you doing be a man of your word. That is what i do and tell my kids. The guy was an ***. He had the deal with you and he screwed you. Plain and simple no honor no dignity like most these days. I have been in the same situation on items i have sold and once i commit to someone its thiers sorry to others and myself if they are late or i could have gotten more.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:15 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,240 Likes on 4,779 Posts

BTW..To people like the guy that screwed you over it's a "Hobby" to others of us it's a way of life. There is a difference which you will see once you have a bike and start to associate with other riders.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:15 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

The money was important than his word.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:16 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The man has no honor. A man without honor is just scum. You should post his name so that all that meet him know this story and can evaluate him when they see him. Someone tells me about a person that burnt them. That person gets my undivided attention when it comes to business.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:21 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 7125
sorry about that but almost the samething to me i bought 2 cars from a doctor md a doctor send a bank check for the cars did i tell you he was a doctor called the transport company to pickup cars and bring them to me paid them no problem we know him and we know where he lives did i tell you he is a doctor cars to be pickup tuesday money in hand everything set cars to be pickup 10 am get a call 9:55 that he sold the cars to some one else for more money and had called the company for me to cancel my pickup of cars did i tell you he is a doctor says to me he will send me my money back and have a nice day 3 days later i did get my money back
did i tell you he is a doctor
a mans word is the only thing that should count

I dont really see what being a Doctor has to do with it...are they supposed to be honest or something?......looks to me like he is a low-life piece of shiit first and a Dr second...:>)

Old 02-14-2009, 07:22 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
The man has no honor. A man without honor is just scum. You should post his name so that all that meet him know this story and can evaluate him when they see him. Someone tells me about a person that burnt them. That person gets my undivided attention when it comes to business.
Totally agree. Hard to believe some people think it was okay. Only a scumbag pulls a stunt like that.
Tom

Old 02-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree with oldairboater: a sumbeech that has no honor has no business with me.

I sold a lot of stuff over the years and the one thing I've learned is never believe anything until the bank says your money is there. Hell, you can't even trust cashiers checks anymore.

The reality is the world has its fair share of dishonorable people and crooks. Always be on guard.

Quick Reply: Can't believe what this seller did to me - Anything like this ever happen to you?