Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't believe what this seller did to me - Anything like this ever happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:46 PM
soup
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no honor any more. A mans word or handshake used to mean something. Not any longer, it's a hard lesson. Bottom line D.T.A. In today's world things could have gone much worse, he could have showed up and jacked you for all you have.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Sorry to hear that! That seems to be the way it is now a days. Buyer beware!

Old 02-14-2009, 05:54 PM
CLSKIP
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used to be the most important thing to a man was his word! Alot of people have forgotten that. I understand about hard times, I have had a few. Had to make due without alot of things but I always kept my word. Alot of people have either forgotten what real honesty, integrity and patriotism is too. They bend it to make it fit what they want or how they can rationalize it. Thats what our elected officials do to. It becoming the accepted way now. But I don't have to accept it, and I won't. I would at least give him a piece of my mind.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:57 PM
MidwestRider
Road Master

I believe that things happen for a reason. That fart is already down on his luck so u have the last laugh. He should have called and said that he had another offer before he sold the bike. He might just be feeding u BS.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:24 PM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jagator
I guess I have a little different take on this. The guy was offered 700 buck's more than you offered. I agree he should have called you and let you know what was going on, and even give you a chance to counter the offer. So I agree he could have handled it better, but hay man that is what capitalism is all about.
that's total crap!!
you give your word-that's a done deal-next time you go slower in committing but you always keep you word!!

you running for office?

Old 02-14-2009, 06:24 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 931 Likes on 573 Posts

You have an absolute winnable case for a civil suit. The bike was yours the moment the money hit his hand. Now sue him for the price he got from the other guy and your other costs for books. You will win hands down.

Do not let him get away with it. By law ownership passes when value is exchanged. He was selling your bike not his. Many cases on file for this. Even on one of the judge shows a guy did the same thing with a collector Corvette. He sold it for a higher price than the amount he accepted from the first buyer. The first buyer sued for the extra money that the seller got he won without any problem.

Last edited by lh4x4; 02-14-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:33 PM
jagator
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ricoman
that's total crap!!
you give your word-that's a done deal-next time you go slower in committing but you always keep you word!!

you running for office?
Whatever dude. Not looking to get into a big thing about this. Bottom line the guy selling has every right to get what he can for the bike or whatever he is selling. They had an agreement over a phone call and that was it. I agree that the guy should have made a call to let the guy know what was going on, and that is it. He didn't so move on. Damn it's just a bike.

Running for office -- not a bad idea. Get ride of some of this liberal BS that is taking over the country.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:34 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,338 Likes on 8,406 Posts

A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. Don't count your chickins before the eggs hatch.
Do any of these sound familer? If the guy would have called you and said; a guy just offered me $700 more than I told you I would sell it to you for. Would you haved believed him and offered him $800 more? Probley not........Just sayin.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:58 PM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..55 panhead?..like 'confederate' says, consider yourself lucky..move on and look for a good used newer model..there's a ton of 'em out there..as for the BS move that asswipe pulled on ya, just remember ..you can never trust a Harley rider..lol

Old 02-14-2009, 07:02 PM
sesom11
Stage II

Get yourself a Street Bob and call'er good!

Quick Reply: Can't believe what this seller did to me - Anything like this ever happen to you?