General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is just wrong. Apes on a V-Rod....Then to cover it with....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

That's one fast Harley bobber...

Old 02-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drogers
I don't like apes on any bike.I actually like to RIDE a motorcycle.Not idle down the road pretending to be a bad azz.
I do, too, That's why I put apes on mine. Stockers are built for squatty bodies, not 6 1/2 footers. SO, you must be a squatty body??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA
Come on up, you can join the list of ppl that look like this after riding alongside the Ol' Boy for awhile with their Twinkies. LOOKS can be deceiving. It's geared to run down the highway. I don't hit 4th until over 55. At 65, it's just above a GOOD idle. IF you have the ***** to hold onto it, it'll "IDLE DOWN" the road way over 90. But it'll make a believer outta ya, apes and all. BEST handling chopper I have owned. And I have owned more than most.

Originally Posted by H20DOG
Looks Stupid. Just like the thread that we have going. I prefer Chrome. Love the shine, that is what a Harley is all about.
CAREFUL, Neighbor. Some folks 'round here gonna take 'ception to that.
Evenin'.
AND what you doin', posting on a Toopid thread????

Originally Posted by juscoop
What is with you guys posting other bikers bikes and bashing them.You pull them from craigslist or ebay and talk **** about them.Get a life!!!
Well, post up. H*LL, we don't discriminate. We'll talk chit 'bout yours, too.
Some folks don't like mine, but that's okay, too. They don't have to ride it.

NOW, back On Topic. I, personally like the way the V Rod handles and it's got *****, right outta the 'box'. But not my fav looking Harley by any measure.

As to this particular one, again, not my fav, BUT the guy spent a chitload of time on it, and if it wasn't for ppl pushing the envelope, the one you see below would NEVER have come about, 38 yrs ago. Ppl said the same thing 'bout choppers and bobbers at one time. NOW Harley will sell you a bobber, right off the showroom floor. And several ppl will sell you a brand new chopper. Go 'finger'. Will they be selling leather wrapped, aped V Rods? Eleffino. BUT I never thought I'd see the day, when HD would sell bobbers, either.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:34 AM
ClutsDeluxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was never a V-rod fan,But let me tell ya ,the bro that owns that scoot likes it, And to post his bike and bash it, not cool. I think the bike looks pretty good actually. To me thats like telling me that my wife is fugly..................Well she might be but thats beside the point.........just kidding

Last edited by ClutsDeluxe; 02-17-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:31 AM
sbergloff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
This is so crazy. This is a first for me seeing apes on a V-Rod....But then to cover the entire bike in leather is verging on bizzare IMO. Oddly enough the apes dont look half bad on the rod. But to combine leather covering with the apes? And then put the bike up for sale on E-bay?

I guess the old saying there is a seat for every *** or an *** for every seat certainly holds true in this case.

I think it looks like one bad *** bike, and I know it will scream down the road. I don't like drag bars, so I would rather ride this than a stock v-rod. I would have to see it close up to know how I really feel about the leather, but I would love to ride it.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
mtlakehog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not for me!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Road Head
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sbergloff
I think it looks like one bad *** bike, and I know it will scream down the road. I don't like drag bars, so I would rather ride this than a stock v-rod. I would have to see it close up to know how I really feel about the leather, but I would love to ride it.
I agree it looks bad ***! That's what you call making it your own and not giving a chit what anyone thinks

Old 02-17-2009, 11:41 AM
1Coastie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't own it, but when you look at this bike you know one thing for sure..... this guy is not a sheep! He built his bike to suit himself, and that’s respectable no matter how you look at it. I say good for him!

Old 02-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The leather Rod is now up to a suprising $8800.00:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

I hope it isnt construed as me slamming the guy when I started this thread....

It was a snowy cold night and I was bored?

If it is construed as bashing I certainly extend an apology to any fellow members who took it as a slam or outright bashfest against our leather bike riding pal!