General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lone Wolf Patch

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Sgt Mac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HogNewbie
Ok I get it.

Treat 1%'s with respect (alway did and do) and the "lone wolf" patch is stupid.

Treat everyone with respect and you won't have to worry about making distinctions between whether or not they are gang members. 1% groups are no the only people who take disrespect seriously. Bottom line, act like an *******, you get treated like an *******, no matter who you are dealing with. Ride, enjoy, smile, ride some more and the rest seems to fall into place.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:41 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by truckerdave
Excuse me, i'm not a criminal. My last brush with the law was a speeding ticket in 1986. I'm sure when the feds probably pulled my records recently they naturally assumed i was a very smart drug dealing, gun running, murderous criminal "gang member" who just hasn't been caught yet. When we see those imitation club patches we just snicker to ouselves and go on.
Now why am i being called a "hangaround" on this forum? Whoever came up with these cute little designations apparently didn't understand that club members who earned patches by working thier butts off don't like being called a prospect or hangaround by an internet biker forum.

You're a 3 piece patch wearing club member and you're concerned about an internet "hang around" designation???

Advise your club officers. Maybe they can apply some pressure to the moderators on your behalf to up your designation to "Extreme Member". Apparently the moderators don't know who they are dealing with, disrespecting you like that.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:11 PM
POPS87FXR
Tourer

IMHO Put nothing on a vest that makes a statment about clubs.

A member of a 3 patch club has had to earn the right to that patch, some one could take offence to a statment like that.

Independents, don't need a patch to show they are independents.

As for showing respect, it is just that show respect, and you will be respected, any patch holder will tell you the patch does not make the man, the man makes the patch.

As I sais, just my opinion.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:19 PM
looneycanuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ratster
Golly gee-whiz, I didn't realize that riding a Harley was such a complex social issue. I kinda figured maybe just wearing a t-shirt and just being myself was good enough.
You obviously have not seen the rack of fingerless gloves and chaps at the dealership, have you?

Then there is the whole issue of the do-rag...

Old 02-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't wolves run in packs? I'd think if you want to emphasize your lone-ness, you'd get a patch that says "Computer Nerd."

Old 02-15-2009, 05:35 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Splatter
Don't wolves run in packs? I'd think if you want to emphasize your lone-ness, you'd get a patch that says "Computer Nerd."

Mine would say Cyberphobic Dinosaur Where can I get one?

Old 02-15-2009, 05:42 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by rdam
Any 1%er woth his salt would't give a "Lone Wolf" patch a second look. 3 piece, MC, with a bottom terrritory rocker are their concern. (Not mine)
I agree with this.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:08 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Wear whatever the hell you want. However, if you were a truly independent loner, you would not be seeking this advice on a forum. Lone wolf patch sounds good. I like wolves.

Heck just today I was riding and saw a Harley rider wearing a black leather jacket, black leather gauntlet gloves, do-rag, black leather engineer boots and blue jeans. Typical poser dress according to the hard core forum outlaws. Oops. Wait a minute. That was me.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Ronbaci
Cruiser

Personally, I think this guys back patch says it all:

Attached Thumbnails Lone Wolf Patch-web.jpg  
Old 02-15-2009, 06:27 PM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by maskedstranger
I have a back patch I am adding to my Levi Jacket. It is a patch a couple of us had made in Iraq. We are the VooDoo Medics and I am going to wear it. F*** what others think, we have earned our patch and it does mean something to us. If you want to wear it, wear it. With respect comes respect, no one will bother you as long as you don't bother them.

After what you guys have been through and done for every one, who in there right mind would ARGUE with you guys. Not me, you guys that SERVE have my RESPECT right to the end, and deserve to where what ever you want. You earned it, I SAY A BIG THUMBS UP FOR THE VOODOO 7 MEDICS

Last edited by hpfatboy; 02-15-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Patch