General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lone Wolf Patch

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 11:26 PM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patch or no patch, up to you.

If you stay away from a three piece patch you should be ok, same for 1% patches and MC patches and diamonds.

A three piece patch is a different story. For me there is a certain amount of respect that goes with having to pay the price of joining a 1% club. It's not for everyone, but its real and it means a lot to them. I know how they feel, being a vet means a lot to me.

As to the guy with the "criminal" comment, grow up. If you are without sin and have never committed a crime, and there are millions of pages of them all over the place, then go ahead and cast that first stone.

JMHO

Mike

Old 02-14-2009, 11:34 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 404 Posts

Coincidentally I saw one of these 'lone wolf' patches today. While I was waiting to get a seat in a restaurant, there was another patron also waiting to get a seat. He was wearing a black leather jacket with the patch on the back and several smaller patches on the front.

He also was wearing a doo-rag and had his thinning hair in a ponytail. I suppose he could have been mistaken for a hard case to some people. Or possibly a poser to others. Is either one what you really want?

Ron

Old 02-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

The vest thing was so last year for me. In fact, I can't find it. Maybe I left it at some biker bar hoping it wouldn't find its way home.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:48 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a patch that says ...

I am an Individual ... Just like Everyone else.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:06 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HogNewbie
I guess I want to show that I'm proud to be a biker but I'd also like it to be known that I'm an independent rider with no affiliations if that makes any sense.
Who cares if your independant or in a club, up NORTH here you ride a HARLEY. Your considered a trashy biker, trouble maker, scum and automatically associated with some gang.The SCREWS hate HARLEYS and everything they stand for. There always pulling us over looking for some trivial issue to give us a ticket for. Thats the price of owning a HARLEY, I LOVE IT!

Old 02-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know I'll probably get a lot of crap from some people about this but I thought I ask any way.

I'd like to patch my vest but don't really want to join an M/C or riding club. I like to ride solo or just with my family or friends.

I've seen this "lone wolf / no club" patch some people are wearing and stores are selling.

My question is. Will this get my *** kicked and does wearing this patch make me look like some sort of moron?
Guess you have your answer. The ones giving you the 'hassle' are NOT the 1%ers, or MC's. What does that tell you?
The "Lone Wolf" patches they sell 'round here, are one piecers. The 3 piecers could really GAS, AS long as you are not trying to be some toopid bad azz.
Go back to Pastor Tom's post. Life is a very simple philosophy, you GIVE respect, you GET respect. Nothing more, nothing less. Ya act like a dipwad, ppl gonna treat ya like a dipwad. BUT, it starts with YOU.

I ride with different 3 patch clubs, one being the HAs. I wear no patch, because I cross club and state lines FREELY and readily. AGAIN, the key is respect. And PAY attention to what is going on 'round you. (This is true, patch or not)

Will you look like a moron? I don't know, never seen you. If you look like you're 15, and throw on a patch, then prob'ly yes. And you could look like one, WITHOUT the patch.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:30 AM
looneycanuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We all have our own worldly experiences. I have seen 1%'ers harass bikers wearing "insert your favorite patch here" patches (ie. lone wolf) just because the person is wearing a patch at their bar and trying to make some form of statement, namely that you think that you are better than them. But we are all internet warriors and the presidents of all of 1% clubs are our internet chat buddies and give us the inside scoop.

Also, ask yourself why some places do not even allow HOG patches into their bars -- HOG has minimal publicly acknowledged criminal activity but some people seem to think they they too should be unwelcome just like the rest of "them".

But, it is YOUR body that will bear the mark. If you want people to think that YOU are a badass biker who wears a patch just like the rest of "them", go ahead. If you want people to think that you are just another person on a bike then you know what you need to do.

Just sayin'...

Old 02-15-2009, 08:18 AM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

You could put a BMW patch on the back of your vest. That way, there would be no doubt in anyones mind you have no intentions of riding with anyone else

The following users liked this post:
Mac801 (01-11-2020)
Old 02-15-2009, 08:27 AM
kwas
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
Guess you have your answer. The ones giving you the 'hassle' are NOT the 1%ers, or MC's. What does that tell you?
The "Lone Wolf" patches they sell 'round here, are one piecers. The 3 piecers could really GAS, AS long as you are not trying to be some toopid bad azz.
Go back to Pastor Tom's post. Life is a very simple philosophy, you GIVE respect, you GET respect. Nothing more, nothing less. Ya act like a dipwad, ppl gonna treat ya like a dipwad. BUT, it starts with YOU.
I fully agree with Da Gump. I've got a friend that has been riding for over 26 years. He has six or seven different vests, each one has the "Lone Wolf" patch somewhere on it but each is covered with dozens of other patches, "Mama Tried", "Eaten Ain't Cheatin", military units, ride patches, sayings, anything.
Everytime he gets on his bike he wears one of them. Anyone asks about a patch, he tells them a story about it. I've seen him greeted by both 1%'s and civilians like they're long lost friends. He treats everyone the same, with respect and friendship. They treat him the same.
So I say wear what you want. The vast majority will form their opinion of you based on you, not what you wear. And if they do, then it's their loss.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:29 AM
evil_monster
Advanced
Talking

I guess I want to show that I'm proud to be a biker but I'd also like it to be known that I'm an independent rider with no affiliations if that makes any sense.
There's another called a PIG patch. Pince Independent Group. :-) Personally, the lack of affiliation represents a non-existant threat to other hard core groups. The lone-wolf patch tells those others that you're just you. you're less likely to have problems with that than with a patch from a club. I like to be part of the ride to eat and eat to ride club myself. We ride to somewhere to eat...and eat more so we can ride more

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Patch