General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lone Wolf Patch

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:26 PM
looneycanuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LittleBrother
Secondly If you did belong to an MC you would understand its not wearing the patch that earns respect, it's earning the patch that gives respect. The MC world is a different world and if that doesn't make sense then it can't be explained.

-LB
I would have to disagree.

Any dingbat can wear a patch. To the uninformed (ie. most cagers and the public), what they see is someone on a bike (usually a Harley) wearing leather with some "logo". This "logo" may or may not be associated with an actual gang. However, to the uninformed, this person is deemed to be a biker and must therefore be given a wide berth or violence could follow.

So, why wear a patch at all if this is not the image you are trying to portray? We have all seen the arsemunch who wears "biker" patches or "support your local _____ 1% club" and acts like a complete asshat just because he is wearing something that affiliates him with one of "those" clubs.

If you had bothered to understand the question, his comment about attitude and respect was a reply to as if he would get his *** beat for wearing the lone wolf patch. His comment was that it shouldn't have anything to do with it, that having a good attitude and being respectful would be the main factors in if he gets his *** kicked or not.
This is interesting. I do not know what club you may or may not ride with but I can say with the utmost in certainty that the "real" patch club members do not take likely to others.

Of course, in a perfect world, everyone could wear a patch, say "arrrrgh" like a one-eyed pirate and live merrily ever after.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (07-01-2024)
Old 02-14-2009, 04:29 PM
looneycanuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HogNewbie
My question is. Will this get my *** kicked and does wearing this patch make me look like some sort of moron?
1. You might get a good beating. The "real" patch members do not take lightly to other patches in their turf.

2. Yes, a real moron. Wear a HOG patch if you really have a burning desire to show the world what a badass biker you think you are.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:52 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Any 1%er woth his salt would't give a "Lone Wolf" patch a second look. 3 piece, MC, with a bottom terrritory rocker are their concern. (Not mine)

Old 02-14-2009, 04:57 PM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No patch. period.

A blank vest is the mark of a lone wolf or at least someone who doesn't need no stinkin' patches... :-)

Old 02-14-2009, 06:17 PM
MidwestRider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wear it dude. You will be the coolest dude on the planet!

Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 PM
slomotion
Cruiser

You and your old lady might consider matching vests with lone wolf patches.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:47 PM
jokerx
Banned

With all the lone wolf patches out there...y'all should start a club.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:54 PM
wi.st.rod
Cruiser

I'm not sure how to respond, because you're obviously not stupid since you said "I know I'll probably get a lot of crap from some people about this." But asking whether or not you'd be a moron for wearing a Lone Wolf patch on your vest, well that's just plain stupid!

Old 02-14-2009, 10:56 PM
HDMike96
Road Captain

After reading all these replies I think you should invest in a flame suit and forget the patch.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HogNewbie
I know I'll probably get a lot of crap from some people about this but I thought I ask any way.

I'd like to patch my vest but don't really want to join an M/C or riding club. I like to ride solo or just with my family or friends.

I've seen this "lone wolf / no club" patch some people are wearing and stores are selling.

My question is. Will this get my *** kicked and does wearing this patch make me look like some sort of moron?

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey dude forget the Lone Wolf, get your self one of those badazz Wild Hogs patches! Maybe you and the dude on here looking for the leather jacket like John T wore could be buds too.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Patch