Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cell phone holder

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 05:10 PM
cerk4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell phone holder

I'm up for a new cell phone and was wondering if any 1 new of a good phone and holder to mount on a RKC.. due to work I have to be able to see the call numbers.... any thoughts???

Old 02-12-2009, 06:02 PM
INFIDEL0341
Advanced

This is what I use

http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_d...82574489160482

TOPACK, no not Tupac...
Works well for me. Mounts to handlebar. Heavy-duty plastic hose clamp. Pouch clips into the clamp-easy detach from clamp and clips onto your jeans. Clamp is easy to remove from the handlebar if you want to take it off.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Romark
Road Master

Front right pocket

Old 02-13-2009, 01:25 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cerk4
I have to be able to see the call numbers.... any thoughts???
put it in your hip pocket! since you intend on riding your bike with your head up your ***, may as well look at your numbers while it's up there.
Sorry if you are offended, but I have NO TOLERANCE for cagers OR Bikers that chose to pay attention to their cell phone instead of their driving.
If your job is that important where you cannot live without your cell phone, then hire a cheauffer, or take a cab, or ride the bus, and play with your cell phone to your hearts content. Just don't pull out in front of me, or plow into my wife & kids cuz you just have to "see your call numbers"

Old 02-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Roamer
Intermediate

I find on my bike the right rear saddlebag is a good place to carry my cell phone (shut off). Plenty of room and no annoying ringing.
Karl

Old 02-13-2009, 03:52 AM
hardluk1
Road Master

I have carried a phone in the same old holder on my hip for 20 years . Check it when you stop. Why would someone put there phone on there bike ,to be cool??? If it needs charge'n add i just plug in to my battery tender hook up and its charged on my side. Damd sure don't need to talk on one while ride'n. I have watched riders play'n with there darn ipods,phones, cd's . just stupid. What the heck did people do be fore this stuff??? Oh ya they just rode.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:37 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the whole idea of riding the bike was to get away from all the cell phone crap, text messages, and the like. I have to have one on my hip 24/7 for work also. But when I'm on the bike it goes into the tour pack. I check it when I stop for gas or whatever. Any calls I miss won't be career enders or national emergencies. So they can wait until I get a chance to call them back.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:13 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roamer
I find on my bike the right rear saddlebag is a good place to carry my cell phone (shut off). Plenty of room and no annoying ringing.
Karl
You got it right. Pay attention to the cagers and the road. I hope to hell not to hear my cell phone over my pipes. When you stop to pee or get gas then look at the phone if you need to. But not when you are riding. Mine too is off and in my saddle bag. Everyone knows that if the weather is nice, they aint' going to get in touch with me.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:35 AM
I8AGSXR
Tourer

hey hardluk you must have walked funny with that big *** bag phone on your hip 20 years ago cause that thing was heavy.

Quick Reply: Cell phone holder