Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cell phone holder

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 09:15 PM
wolfshead1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a Clip Hanger,works great around brake cable or mirror stem.I sell them in fact.Latest model has 2 led's with a great light pattern.Group buy??? Lemme know,I can ship and save everyone some cash.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:13 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Get a phone that allows you to set ring styles to specific numbers. Keep the phone in your pocket, and have those important numbers set to vibrate. Then you can pull over and call back. This way you're not trying to read phone numbers on a small external display while riding.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:17 PM
tom071200c
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How is checking a caller ID on a cell phone screen any different than looking at one of your gauges, or the radio, or the CB, or the GPS screen...or any number of things that are already on the bike??? Just cause he is gonna look at the screen for a split second to see the name doesn't mean he is gonna pick it up and talk and play on it while hes riding. You guys mean to tell me you never ever take your eyes off the road dead ahead of you?? Not even look at the speedo?? :O

Old 02-14-2009, 01:58 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
the pills are what makes life fun
I have seen your picture. Thats not the kind of pills i was talking about.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:33 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cerk4
Thanks go out to the people that helped and kiss my *** to the people who are so narrow minded that they cant think of a better responce than to bust ballz. Perhaps some day in a life and death situation they will have to call me... and i can see there call numbers and not call them back.... forgive me for having a job where i am responsable for the well being of other people 24/7
I use my cell phone while riding but only as an MP3 player. If a call does come through I stop as soon as possible and check to see if it needs a response as the MP3 disconnects to allow the call through. Yeah, I could answer that call while riding and it has nothing to do with a Bluetooth because the mic for the phone is in the helmet headset with me but answering that call would be off the chart dangerous. My holder is attached to my belt. We're all responsible for the well being of others, that's why we ride responsibly and don't bother with the cell phone while we do. Rather, we stop and use the phone wisely.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:42 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tom071200c
How is checking a caller ID on a cell phone screen any different than looking at one of your gauges, or the radio, or the CB, or the GPS screen...or any number of things that are already on the bike??? Just cause he is gonna look at the screen for a split second to see the name doesn't mean he is gonna pick it up and talk and play on it while hes riding. You guys mean to tell me you never ever take your eyes off the road dead ahead of you?? Not even look at the speedo?? :O
You're not serious are you? Throw the speedo, tach, radio, CB and gear indicator out as the numbers are large enough to see in that split second where most modern cell phones have very small text screens that are generally not well suited to seeing or recognizing in a split second. Rather, smart folks input specific ring tones so they don't have to look at the number to know who it is.

Now, as far as looking at the speedo, no, I very rarely look at it or the tach while riding.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:51 AM
tom071200c
Road Master

7/11...I am being serious. But maybe my point was not clear. I do not condone talking on a cell phone while riding at all. But if all the OP is looking to do is see who is calling, that is no more distracting than any of those other things IMO. The small LED clock on my Sportster is probably about the same size as my cell phone display letters and I can see that without any problems.

Not looking to argue but I don't think this guy should be flamed for the question he posted.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:44 AM
cerk4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom071200c you hit it on the mark... dont want to talk on the phone just want to see one number, if it is the emergency number i pull off and make the return call if its a friend i will call them back at a later time and dont have to interupt my ride..

Old 02-14-2009, 07:57 AM
ranman469
Road Master

Originally Posted by DZLDR
put it in your hip pocket! since you intend on riding your bike with your head up your ***, may as well look at your numbers while it's up there.
Sorry if you are offended, but I have NO TOLERANCE for cagers OR Bikers that chose to pay attention to their cell phone instead of their driving.
If your job is that important where you cannot live without your cell phone, then hire a cheauffer, or take a cab, or ride the bus, and play with your cell phone to your hearts content. Just don't pull out in front of me, or plow into my wife & kids cuz you just have to "see your call numbers"

well some can handle more than others. i have answered my phone on a long straight road, whats diffrent than in a car? if i seen a problem comming up i would just drop the phone.

ps i never use my phone for work just for my kids.
i have only done this once,when kids were home alome with friends.
i usualy leave it in the tour pack. that way i enjoy my ride.

Last edited by ranman469; 02-14-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:49 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior

ok,,,regardless of whether you think the world will end if you cant see who called its been suggested time and again here that you bluetooth to your helmet or earbud and set the phone on vibrate or audible and answer the phone if its that important. if thats not what you wanted to hear it was suggested to set in on vibrate and pull over as soon as you could and see who called and return the call if its an emergency. it sounds like you are just determined to have a cell phone out in the open for show and tell....it's like beepers in the 80'sand 90's....you have good suggestions here or the one's that you are looking for that agree with you....i can tell you most harley riders dont have **** like that on their handle bars,,,most sportbike riders do...not a slam....just you are close on the bars and can see who called....if its important to be available for a call the blue tooth is the answer,,,if you are just a **** head that wants to feel important like a fireman or emt....you can cram it for all most of us care..the world was here before you and will be here after you....

Quick Reply: Cell phone holder