Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cell phone holder

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:39 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 02-13-2009, 08:39 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hardluk1
I have carried a phone in the same old holder on my hip for 20 years . Check it when you stop. Why would someone put there phone on there bike ,to be cool??? If it needs charge'n add i just plug in to my battery tender hook up and its charged on my side. Damd sure don't need to talk on one while ride'n. I have watched riders play'n with there darn ipods,phones, cd's . just stupid. What the heck did people do be fore this stuff??? Oh ya they just rode.
Wow, with that cell phone in your hip pocket. Don't people ask if you are just happy to see them? haha

Old 02-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cell phone is also my GPS... and I'm looking at putting it on my handlebar too...

I've been looking at http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/CTGY/CELL.html

Please, be nice! Don't shoot!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:47 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

my thought........ stay off the dam roads.....!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:59 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok,,as far as i know you have to tell your club president the states you will be riding through. he locates the predominant clubs and asks them if you can ride through without a hassle with the phone service you have. the president of those chapters will call your phone service provider for those states and make sure they understand you will be riding through and flying your phone service.
oh chit,,,,you mean how to hang it on the handlebars....you dont you moron...
bite the bullet and if you have to, blue tooth it to the helmet...but dont cruz the hiway looking to see if bob or tracy called and when....
someone will pull you over and pull your service...or cut off the CP patch...(cell phone)

Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 AM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Ram Mounts: http://www.ram-mount.com/

They have decent mounts (used them in my Bass Boats for handheld GPS units). They have mounts made specifically for motorcycles and different phones. My blackberry has great GPS capabilities and software and I will be adding a RAM mount on my Roadking

Old 02-13-2009, 09:49 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i hear that myrtle beach is gonna crack down on bikers brandishing a cell phone, if it prints in your pocket or visible while riding you will be pulled over. 1st offense they will delete all your saved names and numbers. second offense you will be charged extra for roaming...then more dropped connections...
if its mounted to the handlebars your bike will be impounded until you buy new handlebars...
I think i would just stick to the true spirit that makes riding what it is...freedom, untethered to society, sticking it to the man. and brotherhood....or on the other hand, there is mini vans...

Old 02-13-2009, 10:54 AM
05Hog
Road Captain

Cell phone and a watch are two no no's when I ride. Ain't nothin that won't keep till I get back. I only get out once a week in terms of a long ride and I DO NOT want to be bothered.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 AM
cerk4
Cruiser

Thanks go out to the people that helped and kiss my *** to the people who are so narrow minded that they cant think of a better responce than to bust ballz. Perhaps some day in a life and death situation they will have to call me... and i can see there call numbers and not call them back.... forgive me for having a job where i am responsable for the well being of other people 24/7

Old 02-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cerk4
Thanks go out to the people that helped and kiss my *** to the people who are so narrow minded that they cant think of a better responce than to bust ballz. Perhaps some day in a life and death situation they will have to call me... and i can see there call numbers and not call them back.... forgive me for having a job where i am responsable for the well being of other people 24/7
Okay, had you mentioned that you had the type of job where you were responsible for others for some kind of medical problem, people wouldn't have been so quick to b|tch at you.

BTW What type of job do you have?

Quick Reply: Cell phone holder