Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I do something wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 AM
05Hog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I do something wrong.

I need your help and opinion. A friend of the family called the house and left a message that her car broke down and to call. I get the call and tell her I'll be up to get her. It was 72 degrees and sunny so I take the bike (she rides her own so she has no problem on a bike). No big deal, pick her up and drop her off at her house. Anyhow at some point during our dinner conversastion that night I tell my wife the story about Nancy (the family friend) breaking down and about my picking her up. When she hears the part about me picking her up on the bike I get "the look of death" usually reserved for the kids. She says I should have picked her up in my truck. I ask what is the difference. Anyway, I'm still getting the cold shoulder. Did I violate some unspoken woman code? Girls I should would like your opinion in particular. Thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Can just tell you my wife frowns on me giving another gal a ride on the scoot unless she is right there and approves .. Some women may feel different there. Replied to this thread as to curious to see some female points of view on this matter...

Old 02-11-2009, 04:17 AM
05Hog
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Can just tell you my wife frowns on me giving another gal a ride on the scoot unless she is right there and approves .. Some women may feel different there. Replied to this thread as to curious to see some female points of view on this matter...
I've asked a few other women and they all kinda seem to have gone to the same school on this matter. I'm curious if opinion will be split down gender lines

Old 02-11-2009, 04:17 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 499 Likes on 343 Posts

Yes you did....you are toast. Buy a new seat, might help the situation.
God help you if your friend used your wifes helmet!

Last edited by elPrez; 02-11-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:41 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Women are strange, my wifes exactly the same. Says nobody goes on the back of my bike but her and my daughter. I always ride solo 95% of the time, so i only use solo seat. She always checks to see if i added the pillion pad when i go for a ride. Just to make sure im not giving any one else a ride.They take that seat really SERIOUS. Relax, i guess there is a CODE OF ETHICS involved here. The way i see it, you mine as well have slept with another women. Thats how bad it is. The wife feels THATS HER SPOT and nobody elses, so your not alone BRO. YOU BETTER GO BUY SOME FLOWERS, TO HELP EASE THE PAIN. GET BACK IN THE GOOD BOOKS.

Last edited by hpfatboy; 02-11-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:46 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Most women seem to feel that way.My wife has the same reaction.Picked up a female hitchhiker once and almost had to sleep in the garage with the bike.Never again!

Old 02-11-2009, 04:56 AM
kickstart pan
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05Hog
I need your help and opinion. A friend of the family called the house and left a message that her car broke down and to call. I get the call and tell her I'll be up to get her. It was 72 degrees and sunny so I take the bike (she rides her own so she has no problem on a bike). No big deal, pick her up and drop her off at her house. Anyhow at some point during our dinner conversastion that night I tell my wife the story about Nancy (the family friend) breaking down and about my picking her up. When she hears the part about me picking her up on the bike I get "the look of death" usually reserved for the kids. She says I should have picked her up in my truck. I ask what is the difference. Anyway, I'm still getting the cold shoulder. Did I violate some unspoken woman code? Girls I should would like your opinion in particular. Thanks
Good move !
A well thought out plan no doubt
Now anytime anyone asks you or your wife about having a different woman on your bike ,your covered
Brilliant !!

garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As a married man, I know that its wrong to give other women rides, but you situation is different. It's not like you picked her up to go cruise around town. Her car was freakin broken down. I don't think you did wrong.

Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

OK, I will offer the first female opinion. The thing you did right was at least you told her what you did. Would have been much worse if she had heard it from her. I will say that I am the same way, and always told hubby that the back seat was sacred, although I know he has given rides to other females, but just around the block because they ask. I do ride my own by the way. The best thing for you to do is to apologize and tell your wife that you understand her position. (Even if you don't). That will make it all better. Women feel like that back seat is "up close and personal".

Old 02-11-2009, 05:28 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an ex wife who used to give me the cold shoulder all the time, make accusations etc. She was foolin around on me.
Just sayin.

Quick Reply: Did I do something wrong.