General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I do something wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 AM
soup
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got two seats for my sled, One is mine, the other don't go on unless she is PERIOD!! Just makes life easier, can't afford to miss her paycheck.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

My wife is the same way. Her view point is...since I have a rule of "no nuts on butts" regarding me giving dudes a ride, she doesn't like the idea of another women wrapping her junk around my backside either. She is always very "friendly" after a two-up ride and kind of views it as foreplay (love those V-Twins).

Sorry it was kind of graphic, but thats her take on it.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:58 AM
WADELL
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05Hog
I need your help and opinion. A friend of the family called the house and left a message that her car broke down and to call. I get the call and tell her I'll be up to get her. It was 72 degrees and sunny so I take the bike (she rides her own so she has no problem on a bike). No big deal, pick her up and drop her off at her house. Anyhow at some point during our dinner conversastion that night I tell my wife the story about Nancy (the family friend) breaking down and about my picking her up. When she hears the part about me picking her up on the bike I get "the look of death" usually reserved for the kids. She says I should have picked her up in my truck. I ask what is the difference. Anyway, I'm still getting the cold shoulder. Did I violate some unspoken woman code? Girls I should would like your opinion in particular. Thanks
You just think it's your ride. Wives are very strong minded on this. That is her seat and hers alone, unless you have her blessing. But being that it was a family friend she should be thankful that you are thought of in that reguard.
Never know, she might need help one day and she calls a family friend for help. Would you have a fit if he picked her up on his ride? Just a thought. I would be glad my wife got home safe.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master

I have another take on this situation: I would be upset too if I found out that my friend who rides her own had to sit on the back of a bike. See, I have a clean record of NEVER riding on the back. I'm sorry but I think I'd rather sit in a truck then ride as a passenger.

But that's just me .

Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's not about permission, but about respect. Please read the Gospel that is PastorTom grasshoppers. And then seriously consider the very valid point PinkHarleyGirl25 brought up, like you wouldn't be seriousl pissed off. Uh huh.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:04 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I was very interested to see this question,my daughter rides with me since she was little,wife never does,wife wanted to go for a ride,daughter became VERY pissed.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:07 AM
WADELL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mcouture
Huh I always hear that from my buddies...never give a girl a ride on the back or your wife will kill you.

My wife tells me, all the time, don't worry about it, give them rides if you want.....and I do. All her friends and "our friends" that don't ride always wants me to give them rides around the block or a quick ride around town. My wife doesn't care one bit.
That's because she gave you permission.
Just funnin

Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This whole thread makes me glad that I am single.....

Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master

Originally Posted by ftanner
This whole thread makes me glad that I am single.....
Me too

Old 02-11-2009, 09:31 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Depends on how good looking she was. You did a good deed, but you did a bad thing, that seat is taken!

Quick Reply: Did I do something wrong.