Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I do something wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:59 AM
fliphd
Tourer
Location: West central Illinois in the Mississippi river bottoms
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Women are so freakin complicated, we should all get together and write a service manual for women!!! LOL

Old 02-11-2009, 08:05 AM
takiniteasy09Ultra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Women....sometimes strange, sometimes finicky, sometimes weird but always right. They own half the land and all the ***** so you know what the deal is.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:10 AM
mikedetejas
Road Captain

There is only two things you have to know about women.
1. They are sitting on a gold mine and they know it.
2. Those that have the gold make the rules.

nuff said.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:13 AM
HarleyGirl69
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, another female opinion....I'm not jealous....and I've learned through the years that no matter what you do or don't do or let your man do, or not do.....they will do what they want. Meaning, they're there if they want to be there and if they don't want to be there, well then, you can't do much to change it. That being said.....it wouldn't bother me if my husband gave a friend of ours a ride. I ride my own, and if we have a friend that wants or needs a ride, then so be it. I know who he'll be going home with. I would prefer to be told about it before it happens but in your situation, your friend needed a ride and you gave her a ride. I guess the bike is more personal than a car but a ride is, well, a ride.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:20 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 24,657 Likes on 9,277 Posts

Maybe ya should have told your wife the situation first then asked her what she thought you should have done. Odds are, she might have said giving her a lift would have been ok. As you told her the whole story, the tude went up and she heard nothing else that ya said. Sorta the control thing. If she gives the answer first, then its ok.
Ya gotta study them closely before ya say, "I do".

Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 AM
BIK88CHK
Banned

Well - I am not the jealous type. I would be more upset if my old man didn't go help this friend. He would have told me he had given her a ride home - waited for the tow truck - whatever. Now, if she was handing out favors - like rubbing you and kissing your neck - you leave that stuff out. Gave her a ride home. That is it. I don't know why your in the doghouse. I rode with my Best Friends Husband and it inspired me to get my own bike. Good luck.........

Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 337 Likes on 193 Posts

The back seat belongs to her. I would never even thing about giving another woman a ride without her permission.

My wife gets jealous when any woman (other than her mother) calls me for help with anything. Its just her way of showing how much she loves me.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:37 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,335 Likes on 8,405 Posts

Your version of a "family friend" must not be the same as her's. I read your post to my OL and she said she wouldn't care if I picked up a friend in need. But that sounds like a trick answer to me. I'd take the truck.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

You messed up big time buddy, that was her seat and you let another woman sit there with out her approval, just the same as cheating on her, you need to be sucking up big time to her, might be time for her to get that new piece of jewelry.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still in trouble for giving a girl a ride 8 years ago, 2 years BEFORE I even met my better half.

Quick Reply: Did I do something wrong.