Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I do something wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife feels the same way - can't say as I blame her either. I know I wouldn't want her on the back of someone else' bike. She calls her seat on the back of the Ultra "her throne" and dictates who rides there - besides our daughters.
Don't get me wrong - she's very confident and understanding - this is just her thing!
My advice - suck it up and apologize and don't do it again. It obviously bugs her and something this trivial isn't worth a wedge between you.
I did the - she does what I tell her - BS with the first two wives and now that I give more then I take I'm very happily married.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PastorTom
Old school rule..

Tattoo it somewhere you kin see it...

The Back seat belongs ta mama..... period!!!....
Now once ya got that down...
Others may use it.. BUT..
only with Mama's permission.. NO exceptions!!!!
My wife Rides her own RoadKing..
Rule STILL applies!!
Piece and harmony will reign once ya prove that
ya understand this rule..

PT
Amen Paster Tom
Don't even think about letting some other WOMEN ride on the back seat. Thats why I remove mine most of the time (but it's in my saddle bag Ha Ha just encase I might need it, wrench too).

Old 02-11-2009, 07:23 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pinkharleygirl25
what if she gave your friend who broke down a ride home on the back of her bike. just sayin
Wouldn't bother me in the least. It's a ride given to a friend in need from point A to point B and nothing else.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:24 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet your wife knows something about that "family friend" that you don't. Probably confided in your wife about her strong attraction for you. That or how bikes get her all moist. Anyway, there is definitely another peice to this puzzle that you are not aware of.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:31 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

My wife got a little upset with me when she found out I had another woman on the back of my bike when I took a 10 day ride to Ontario and visited Niagara Falls. She got even more upset when I took another trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway with the same woman. I am currently in the process of a very ugly divorce, but living very happily with the beautiful lady that enjoys riding on my bike and also rides her own.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ken thompson
I bet your wife knows something about that "family friend" that you don't. Probably confided in your wife about her strong attraction for you. That or how bikes get her all moist. Anyway, there is definitely another peice to this puzzle that you are not aware of.
If there is another piece to the puzzle (this remains to be established) and his wife knew about it, then it's her fault for not saying something in the first place when she first found out about it way back when. Closed mindedness and a lack of communication will get you every time.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:43 AM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you didn't tell her this story while you were watching a football game with your feet on the couch and the garbage overflowing in the kitchen and the kids needed a bath and the bedroom needed painting and the yard needed to be cleaned up and you tracked in mud all over the new carpet. Well my friend if you did, I could understand the reaction.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:47 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 05Hog
Did I violate some unspoken woman code?
Well, Yes, you broke an unspoken woman code.....but I'm with Oldairboater on this. She thinks you need permission. Go get your manhood out of her purse, and let her be PO'd. If she can't understand that you were just helping a friend out, then it's her problem......Yes, I'm divorced, but giving other women rides had nothing to do with it, as I only gave rides in situations of the friend needing one, or the now ex-wife being their when I gave a woman a ride, (the ex never liked riding so she could care less & trusted me that nothing would happen). I look at it as that your wife is not trusting you that it was just a ride & helping a friend out. The current GF understands that I'll ride whom ever I want on my scoot & our relationship has enough trust that she can believe nothing will happen. Women need to get over this.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Bryanp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Read all of the crap posted. There is no shortage of women out there. Your mistake is that she thinks you need permission or approval. Some of the women on this site will tell you that you have violated an unspoken rule. I wouldn't listen to me unless divorce doesn't scare you. Had a wife for a long time----still miss her pay check but I don't miss her. I have a girlfriend---sure would hate to have to miss her too.
my favorite answer yet and i couldn't agree more.
If i make the payments, turn the wrenches and use the polish rags on the bike, I get to make the rules where it's concerned. If my ole lady wants to start telling me what i can or cant do with it, then she can take over the payments, start doing the maintenance and get out there every week and wash & wax the thing herself.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:55 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, the key phrase is "family friend". My wife's the real jealous type...even tho she has no cause to be...but, if'n I gave a mutual friend a ride, she wouldn't have a prob with it. That bein said...some of our "friends" are a bit more friendly than others...and we both know who they are...so, they would not be approved on the back of my scoot by the missus. Sounds like yer OL failed to communicate this kinda info to ya...unlike my wife, who ALWAYS makes sure I know the "friendly" ones to avoid.

Quick Reply: Did I do something wrong.